Saturday 28 June 2014

Pancakes, pop corn and cooking for others :)

You know you have a passion for food when you cook yourself breakfast, lunch and dinner, bake treats for the rest of the fam, constantly think up new recipes and genuinely enjoy doing all the things mentioned above.
My weekends typically look like that and yesterday was no different. After whipping up the PB+J oats you saw in yesterday's post I went on to go grocery shopping, then whipping up lunch!
Inspired by Spoon's snack plates I too made myself a delicious plate of... everything!
I popped some plain popcorn kernels (less than 1/4 cup + a small drizzle of olive oil, placed in a saucepan over medium heat- ready when you can't hear any popping!)
Roasted up some sweet potato:
Whazzed up some guacamole (1/2 an avocado +1/2 a squeezed lemon + small amount of red chili and a strip of capsicum, combine in a small food processor)
On the side was a simple salad of spinach, sprouts +mung beans, a torn up veggie sausage, purple cabbage and some salsa!
Dipping action:


YUM!
That evening my grandparents came over for dinner and not only did I cook my own dinner, but I also made a roast veggie tart to go with the rest of the roast dinner mum made:
1. Pastry
 2. Veggies
 3. Bake!

I also made a maple cheesecake, but that was cut and demolished before I could get a good photo... :)
And.. finishing off my my whirlwind of cooking post.. well- it is pancake Sunday isn't it?
I made blueberry pancakes with a banana+almond butter spread, with a side of grapes!
They are vegan, sugar+wheat+soy free!
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon of egg replacer mixed with 2 tablespoons water (more info below- new product I found!)- or just use 1 whole egg
20g rolled oats
15g oat bran
30g spelt flour
sprinkle of chia seeds
small handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/3-1/2 milk of choice (depending on desired thickness) I used rice milk

banana+almond butter spread:
1 banana
1-2 tablespoons almond butter, heated slightly in microwave (20 seconds)

Method:
1. Make egg replacer according to packet instructions
2. Place dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
3. Add egg replacer (or egg) and slowly add milk until you get a pouring cream consistency:
4. Leave to sit while making the spread. tear up banana and place in a small food processor with the almond butter:
5. Whaz!
6. Set aside until needed. Meanwhile if your pancake mixture has thickened quite a bit, add a splash more milk and then your blueberries:
7. Heat a non-stick pan with a small amount of olive oil over medium heat and spoon on mixture:
8. Leave until edges begin to set and bubbles start appearing (usually after around 1-2 mins)
9. Flip!
10.Place on plate and layer with spread in between each pancake:
Looks pretty messy- but sure does taste good!
Fork shots:

I can't wait for Summer to return (only 5 months! :0) so that my food pictures can start looking good again- I mean only Summer can produce a picture like this with zero editing:
Ahh well, at least I can still promise you it tastes good!
Bye for now folks! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...