A rhubarb apple crumble to be exact!
1 rhubarb stick, chopped
3/4 of a green apple, chopped
1 teaspoon chia seeds
a dash of cinnamon
1/2 cup muesli
1 1/2 tablespoons nut butter ( I used cashew butter)
2+ tablespoons of milk ( I used oat milk)
a small handful of blueberries (optional)
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Place the rhubarb, apple, chia seeds and cinnamon in a small saucepan and place over low heat:
5. Place the muesli and blueberries in a bowl with the milk and stir. Heat the nut butter in the microwave for about30-50 seconds until melted, rub into muesli.
8. Leave to cool slightly... then enjoy!
Now onto some other fun news. Getting stuff for free!
There are many downfalls with shopping for food with me:
1. I don't take a list
2. My tastes are expensive (hello chia seeds, quinoa and coconut flour!)
3. I'm not really old enough to buy my own groceries.. sorry mum!
But there is one positive!
1. I buy the weirdest things, even if I don't know what they are, just to try them out!
Why is that a good thing? Well, yesterday was a prime example.
I had spotted this round green vegetable (later found out to be a green Kohlrabi) and chucked it in the trolley. Later when we were at the cash register, the checkout person was stumped. I ran to where I found it and came back to spell her the name printed on the sign. It didn't turn up on her computer... so we got it for free!
I got some other weird stuff too:
After coming back from shopping, I was hungry and I felt like soup :) (It's Winter in Aus!)
I also wanted to use the gem star squash:
I also made some chickpea flat bread (chickpea flour, oil, greek yoghurt mixed with hands, rolled and placed on pan on high heat)
This soup was awesome! I bought it because it was vegan with heaps less sodium that all the other brands (118mg per 100g)