Saturday 14 June 2014

Where's all the time gone?

I swear, these exams on Tuesday & Wednesday are going to be the death of me! For Society&Environment I had to make an info graphic (yes another assignment along with studying for exams!) I just coulnd't seem to get the hang of them. I spent all of Friday afternoon trying to finish it so I could have all weekend to study... yeh, that didn't work. So I took a break (went to sleep) and woke up bright and early (5:30 ish) and got to work. The amazing part- I did it!
See:

So that was good. The rest of the day was filled with revising, writing practice essays, doing past maths exams and reading. It was also very cold yesterday, so I also spent the day... in ma onesie!
I was a nice and toastie panda :)
I finished my info-graphic at around 7:45 ish and was STARVING! So I quickly whipped up some pumpkin cookies (same recipe just with pureed pumpkin- I had some in freezer) with some sliced apple nut butter sandwiches :)
Drizzled with greek yoghurt (I still can't tolerate milk, or those fake-sugary yoghurts, but plain greek yoghurt seems fine :)
Then I went grocery shopping with mum, went for a run, got straight into some maths study and there goes my rumbling tummy again- Lunch time!
I had 3/4 of a tin of black beans in the fridge- to me that spells BURGER!
Ingredients:
Black bean burger: yields two burger patties
3/4 tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 a red chili, chopped
a dash of cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons cumin
1 clove of garlic
1 handful kale
1/4-1/3 cup bread crumbs (I used gluten, wheat & diary free, quinoa crumbs)
peas, corn, capsicum (whatever you want to add)

Rest of stuff:
1 multi-grain bun
vegan cheese
spinach
tomato
grated carrot
and cucumber

Method:
1. Place black beans, chili, garlic, cinnamon and cumin in a small food processor:
Whaz!
2. Add in the kale and whaz:
3. Spoon out into bowl, stir in bread crumbs and other add-ins:
4. Roll and flatten into patties, place on plate lined with baking paper, put in fridge:
5. Meanwhile, clean up the mess..
6. Chop up veggies, split bun, make vegan cheese
7. Heath a small fry pan over medium heat with some oil, place a patty in (you can cook both of them- if you're hungry, or freeze the other one) and flip once browned:
8. Turn your oven onto 180 degrees celsius- grill. Line a tray with baking paper, place on the bun, then the burger then some drizzled vegan cheese
Place in oven until top of bun is toastie and cheese is slightly brown.
Place veggies on top, top with bun and eat!
Nom
 Nom
 Nom!
In other news (well it's still food news) for dinner last night I tried a new veggie!
Those white things are... celeriac wedges (Peeled celeriac, cut into wedges, rubbed in olive oil and roasted for 40 mins- 180 degreese celsius)
Drizzled with some tahini= DELICIOUS!
Have a great Sunday everyone! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...