Tuesday 1 July 2014

Orange-itis

I'm amazed I haven't gotten it! Orange-itis, that is.. (scientifically known as hypocarotenemia or carotenemia) Why? Because I eat sooo many orange coloured foods!
Foods such as carrots, oranges, spinach, pumpkin and sweet potatoes are all rich in Beta Carotene (excess amounts result in orange-itis)
So what am I going on about, spewing out all these facts? (thankyou google!) Well, my favourite veggies (in order from fav- 4th fav) are sweet potato, pumpkin, spinach and carrots! Duh duh DUH!
And amazingly my hands are normal! (No oompaloompa over here!)
So, whilst my hands are still a normal colour I will still be enjoying my favourite orange (and green.. spinach) foods!
Like this pasta dish I enjoyed for dinner. Full of gluten free spaghetti, mixed four beans, mushrooms, olives, chili garlic pesto, nutritional yeast and sweet potato+pumpkin+ spinach (along with some other steamed veggies)
My breakfast was also orange (well parts of it) starting with a base of mango fro-yo! (Frozen mango and greek yoghurt whazzed together)
Topped with some fruit:
 Strawberries, grapes, blueberries and rock melon.
And.. some almond butter granola:
Heat some almond butter (1-2 tablespoons) in microwave, rub in to about 3/4 cup muesli with some milk (I used almond milk) Place in oven (180 degrees) for about 15 mins (until golden brown)
Ta-da!
This was a yum-didly-dumptious brekky!
Inside view:
Nom, nom, nom:



Soo, this breakfast was also orange... but I'm hoping mango and rock melon aren't full of Beta-Carotene, because I do fear for my hands... although a nice glow is always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...