Friday 25 July 2014

Setting your day up for greatness

Happy Saturday beautiful people! can you tell I'm in a good mood? Wanna know why? I started my day the way my body loves!
Before I get into this post any more- remember that this is what my body loves, not everyone's, so don't force yourself to do any of these things if you don't enjoy them!
As I need to leave for school everyday at 8:00am, I don't have much time to do... much ;)
Although I do naturally wake up at around 5:45-6:00am (I never trust alarms and they scare the heeby-jeebies out of me anyway!) So, it's pitch black and I'm wide awake! What to do.. what to do.. full of energy, ready to go, scared of the dark.. wait. what? Haha only a little bit- enough so that I don't want to go out running in the dark.
Instead I jump out of bed, drink some water, have a teeny weeny snack:
2 brazil nuts and 2 dried apricots
Slip into my pink running shirt and shorts :) and go for a run on this bad boy:
I usually run for about 30 mins, at a speed of 10.5 (does that mean 10.5km/h... I have no idea) after which I am sweating like a pig. No joke. It's so bad I won't even show you a pic.
I then run (still got adrenaline pumping through me ) upstairs to take a quick shower/ wash hair/ whatever else I need to do. Where I race back down to make brekky.
The key to fabulous day is actually eating brekky, you rev up your metabolism, boost your concentration and can control your hunger.
The real key to a fabulous day is creating an absolutely delicious breakfast and eating it too:
This may be my best smoothie bowl yet!
Instead of oven baking my granola, I simply left it raw (my version of raw cookie dough) it was simply muesli mixed with microwaved oat milk mixed with cashew butter (about1/4 cup oat milk+ 1 large tablespoon cashew butter, rubbed into 1/2 cup muesli)
Hiding under that was a simple green smoothie:
1 frozen banana, 1 handful frozen mango chunks, 2 large handfuls spinach, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, 1/3 cup oat milk... whaz:
Smoothie bowls need extra thick smoothies:
And.. eat!

After eating a absolutely delish brekky, I'm off to school where I'm feeling pumped and ready to go- this is seriously the best start to my day!
Of course you have to finish the day of well too!
This was last nights dinner of roasted pumpkin, parsnip, tomatoes, brussels sprouts, beetroot and chestnuts, with a sool up (rolled in rainbow chard) with a mixture of garlic tofu, hommus and salsa. (it was a bit too salty on it's own for my taste, but eaten with the roast veggies, it was perfect)

How do you guys ensure your day will bve as good as possible?
Are you a morning or afternoon/ night exerciser?
What's your favourite smoothie bowl recipe?

Have a great weekend everybody! :D

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. Starting your day on the right foot is so so important. I love getting up and running then doing a little bit of yoga! I then usually shower and eat a big smoothie. I'd never thought of making a big smoothie bowl. That's absolutely brilliant. Muesli and fruit on top makes it flawless x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Katherine! Oooh, yoga in the morning- that sounds goood!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...