Tuesday 31 March 2015

WIAW #50!!

So guess what!?!
It's my 50th WIAW!! Can you believe it? (Probably, if you've read all 50 of them... probably, if you haven't :) Well I can't. I still remember my first ever WIAW like it was yesterday...

"Now, I'm not usually part of the What I Ate Wednesday Club,  but on this last particular Wednesday I managed to take a picture of all of the yummy meals I enjoyed on Wednesday"

...Which it most definitely wasn't!! Any who, I guess I kinda liked it as I've done a whole 49 of em' (soon to be 50!)

So, as usual, thanks to the fabulous Peas and Crayons and all the other helpful blogs hosting this awesome link-up. Now onto the food!! 

Tuesday in the form of food:

Breakfast: 7:15am
My day began with a little sleep-in- for the first time in what seems like... my life. When I say sleep-in, I mean 6:30 am. Each to their own.
So after an awesome surge of energy from extra sleep and a quick, easy Purely Twins Workout, I through together a delicious brekky of wholemeal crumpets topped with [lots] of cashew butter with a delicious green berry smoothie (that seemed to lose it's green-ness?)
Into the blender went 1 chopped frozen banana + 1 handful of frozen blackberries + 1 handful kale + 1 handful spinach + 3 spoons greek yoghurt + 1/4 cup almond milk.
Stomach was happy.
Eaten how I always do- edges first, mass amount of nut butter in the middle last!
Snack: 11:00 am
I feel like you can only see so many pots of peas... so I had a pot of peas. Which were needed after a morning of tests!
Lunch: 1:40pm- Starving
For lunch I prepped some roasted potatoes and roasted white sweet potatoes with spinach, capsicum, cucumber and garlic tofu, in the morning:
There are no words to describe cold roasted potatoes. None.
I'm not going to lie. I ate everything else but the white sweet potatoes so I could enjoy all of them at the end. :)

Snack: 4:00 pm
Ahhh, it all looks so yellow and colourful and pretty :) Again, just what I needed to get through an afternoon of studying for more tests the next day!!
A chopped Fuji apple (favourite type of apple)
With a bright yellow mug of soy milk. Soy milk is required so as I am not hangry by the time dinner rolls round.
Dinner: 7:00 pm
Although, you all know I'm still hangry when dinner time rolls round.
Enter buckwheat and quinoa pasta with steamed pumpkin, parsnip, carrot, beetroot and swede, oven roasted cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and eggplant, mixed with spinach, mixed four beans and lentils and then dolloped with hommus and stirred through- YUM!
Then I was full.
And done with studying. TV and zoning out time!

Tonight's dinner is going to be a little different though as I have my first work trial thing at a small local restaurant (slightly nervous!) and so am planning on eating a small something before and after my trial shift. Wish me luck!!

What about you?
What's a sleep-in for you look like?
Cold roasted potato fan?
What was your first-ever job?

That's it from me today folks, make sure you fill your bodies with something nourishing and equally tasty! Check out what everyone else is nom-ing on over at Peas and Crayons. Bye friends! :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...