Monday 24 August 2015

Pumpkin Pesto!

What happens when you combine pumpkin with pesto?

Well... you get pumpkin pesto...

BUT! You also get something that's out-of-this-world delicious, full of all the yumminess of pesto and pumpkin and sneakily filling (did I mention it is ridiculously good?)

I don't know where I first got the idea for pumpkin pesto (I most likely saw it on Food Gawker/ Tasty Query/ Pinterest/ one of the many food sites I frequent often) But I am mighty happy that I did see it and as a result re-create it!

 I was going about making my lunch one night last week (night before prep is so good for rushed mornings!!) and I steamed up some pumpkin...
Whazzed up some pesto...
Added the steamed pumpkin to the pesto...
And voila! Pumpkin pesto!!
Well, that's great stuff, now you have a pot of pumpkin pesto for lunch.

Ha ha, no, I then went about cooking up some quinoa and char-grilling some capsicum, eggplant, zucchini and mushroom:
 And mixing it all together!

 It may not look like the most appetizing thing in the world, but boy did it taste goooood!

So next time you're whipping up a batch of pesto to lovingly coat your al dente pasta, or swirl over your beautiful flavoursome pizza, try adding in a bit of pumpkin for added sweetness, awesome taste and some extra nutrients too!! WIN-WIN-WIN!

Your turn:
Do you like pesto? I remember when I first tried it at a pizza parlour and absolutely hated it. Something must have changed since then!
Do you add anything different to your pesto? I think next time I'd like to make a char-grilled capsicum pesto. Mmmm
Pesto + -------- is the best combo? For me it's always been pizza, but pasta is a close second!

 Well, that's it from me today folks (it's been a very pesto-y kind of week already! Can you tell I've embarked on a new obsession (well, old obsession), I hope you all have a great day, do something that makes you happy and eat something delicious (which probably makes you happy too!). Bye friends!! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...