Thursday 1 December 2016

Brekky Round-up!



Hey guys! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve shared with you what I’ve been loving on lately in the breakfast front- and as you all know; breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day but just so happens to be my utterly favourite meal of the day.
For whatever reason, breakfast time is when my creativity is at it’s peak, my stomach is at its growliest and thus my creations/ random throw-together-of-ingredients-that-I-call-recipes appear
 Like for example, these super choc protein oat balls- the recipe can be found on my Instagram and I definitely recommend giving a try! (Insta name; Steph2chef)

Recently there have been quite the number of tasty delights to start my day (honestly, how can people skip this ridiculously delicious time of the day!?!) and yes, most of them mimic the taste of some kind of decadent dessert or another because that’s just the things my body seems to crave when I wake up in the morning (savoury brekky, nah, I’ll pass.)

So, what exactly have I been noshing on for brekky
recently??

Well, do you remember that time I went through the ‘cookies for breakfast’ phase? One morning I woke up and had the most intense desire for one of those muesli-esque, warm, crispy, chewy oven-baked breakfast cookies and then this resulted:

 Super quick and super easy- I literally just throw around 3/4 muesli into a bowl with some cinnamon and then some warmed up pb and almond milk (a heaped tablespoon PB and 1/2 cup almond milk) and stir together- onto baking tray, into oven at 180 degrees celsius for around 15 mins (until golden) and then nom!!

Utterly delicious, filled with all the good stuff and a perfect way to start off the day!
Eaten alongside some refreshing and creamy mango froyo (frozen mango, frozen zucchini, greek yoghurt whazzed up until smooth and creamy)  it truly was a perfect breakfast!


Now, my two other obsessions came back strong these past few weeks as well: Oats and green smoothies!

 So many variations happening over here but these delightful beauty (that I just so happened to whip up today following arm-day- hence filled with protein!!) has taken the ranks as my favourite yet; A huge vanilla protein banana green smoothie!! 2 large frozen bananas, handful frozen zucchini, 4 chunks frozen spinach, 2 big scoops greek yoghurt, 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder, 1 heaped tablespoon crunchy PB- whazzed up in the Vitamix until smooth thick and creamy delicious!!
 And yes, this was basically just half the amount I made... the rest was eaten staright from the blender- perfect! :D :D
If I didn’t wake up craving the refreshing, creamy, thick, volumous delight of a green smoothie:


Than the body decided to wake up craving a big bowl of hearty, wamr, gooey, sweet oats, of whatever flavour:
 Like these gloriously pink cherry cheesecake oats filled with oats, 1 thinly sliced banana, frozen cherries, almond milk, water- cooked up on the stove until absorbed and thick and then somew greek yoghurt stirred through at the end- NOM!
 Crucnhy PB layered throughout (even coverage my friends!!)
 And lovingly devoured!

 Chocolate oats are probably one of the most decadent breakfasts I have during the week because they atste just so rich, gooey and fudgey that it just feels like your eating a fudge brownie warmed up and served to you with fresh bananas and love:
 But these guys are filled with protein, fibre, wholegrains, antioxidants and very minimal fat/ sugar etc.
 With an ingredient list of rolled oats, sliced banana, raw cacao powder, vegan choc protein powder, cinnamon, almond milk and water- greek yoghurt stirred in at the end- this brekky is almost too good to be true!
 Note the almost! :P :D

I think it must be a texture thing whereby my body flicks from creamy and slurp-able to thick, warm, gooey oats eaten with a spoon and nut butter drizzled throughout, melty along the warm oats, creating a pool of the most deliciously nutty taste.
 These simple banana oats made with rolled oats, sliced banana, maca powder, cinnamon, almond milk and water truly hit the spot the other day and the simple banana slices and pb throughout just topped it off perfectly!

Of course there have been some other experiments involving not smoothies or oats or cookies such as these delicious vanilla mint protein balls (throw-back whoo!!)
 Original recipe can be found here


Eaten alongside a delicious cherry smoothie for another perfectly refreshing pairing.

 As these are make-ahead and you simply pop them in the freezer until you want them- brekky can come together in no time at all (sometimes just what I need after my fasted morning workouts that leave me a little on the... HANGRY MONSTER side!! :P
 Just leave to thaw for around 15-30mins (depending on how soft you want them) and them nom them right up!

 High protein, filling fats, sweet, delicious and oh-so-good-for-you, what more could you want??
 I had a few other breakfasts tp share with you but I have noticed this post getting a little on the lengthier side, so I shall save those up for another day!

In the mean time- keep eating glorious, delicious foods that nourish your body and your soul and make sure you make your next brekky a great one!

Your turn:
What did you eat for brekky today?
Sweet or savoury breakfast?
Favourite dessert? (I'll grab some ideas as to what health-i-fied/ breakfast-i-fied creation to whip up next!!

Have yourself a truly awesome day, do something you love and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friendly friends!! :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...