Sunday 9 October 2016

A Day In The Life!

Hide-ho there friendly friends and welcome to one of my favourite posts to not only read from other bloggers, but also to write up for you guys! It's A DAY IN THE LIFE post!! Yayyy!!

I don't know what makes posts like this and others similar (What I Ate Wednesday/ Weekly Workouts, Friday Favourites) but I think in the end it's about finding that motivation and inspiration from others so you too might try some new things out and maybe experience something great that you never would have tried out before reading about it/ watching a YouTube video (currently so obsessed with Diana Malloy's Diet Diaries- she's just so funny and I love her videos!!

Anywho, as I said, I love writing up these posts, I hope you guys like reading them and if you want any particular posts, just let me know in the comments or shoot me an email and I'll be sure to give it a go!

So, without further a-do, this is a typical day in my life, where I'm no longer at school, rather at home preparing for my final examinations of my high-schooling!!

5am- Mornings usually start out pretty early for me, as I'm just one of those natural early-rises and when I'm up, I'm up folks!! my mind is awake, my body is awake and I'm ready to go! I've never been able to just tuck back up into bed for a few more hours (1. I would be wide awake tucked up in bed which leads on to; 2. I would be ravenous lying there wide awake in bed) so instead i just sort of go with whatever time my body has decided to wake me up with on the day and power through with a  nice little early morning workout...

And when I say little, you know I mean super sweaty-hot-mess-Steph-inducing workout :P.

After waking up around 5, frequenting the bathroom, chugging down some water, making my bed (yeah, I know...) curtains drawn, hair brushed and pulled up into a tight pony, jammy's off, workout gear on, I swing down the stairs to tackle the day's session which just so happens to be LEG DAY!!!
I secretly love leg day because that burn is so real!! And so is the sweat dripping down my face as I am on my last set of calf raises with the heavy (not sure what weight) barbell on my shoulders... in a low-wide-squat. Yep. Try that out for fun!
My leg-day workouts are usually around 1 hour-isa (sometimes a bit shorter, sometimes an hour and a half, sort of depending on how long my breaks needed to be/ how strong and powerful and energetic I was feeling on the day. This particular one was a 90 minuter I think and my legs were J.E.L.L.Y afterwards!!

7:30am- finish off the workout with some full body, deadlift, to low squat (x8... again another killer) and move to the bathroom to wash my face. Then I flow into the kitchen on my slightly shaking legs and plan out whats it going to be for brekky!! As I prefer to workout on an empty stomach, breakfast is utterly essential to ensure all those weights and squats etc. actually form into muscle. I also try and consume it pretty soon after my workout for quicker recovery.

8am
Breakfast finally ready, this particular day's deliciousness involved some freshly-baked choc nut butter granola with a big banana-mango green smoothie- favourite breakfast of late!
For the granola I simply placed 2 tablespoons of Mayversfood choc nut butter into a small bowl with 1/3 cup almond milk and microwaved for around 20 seconds until warmed through. Then into a bigger bowl I popped 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 large handful wholegrain, reduced-sugar cheerios, some maca powder and then rubbed in the warmed nut butter and almond milk.

Placed on a baking tray lined with baking paper and into the oven at 180 degrees celsius for around 15 mins until fragrant and crunchy on the outside!!
The smoothie was simply 1 large frozen banana, 1 large handful frozen mango chunks, 1 large handful frozen zucchini, lots of kale and spinach, greek yoghurt and a splash of water- whizzed up until smooth and deliciously creamy- SO GOOD!
I love enjoying the separate crunchy, rich flavour of the granola (as well as eating it straight form the oven and not worrying about melting the smoothie) and then the cool, refreshing, thick, creamy smoothie to pair it off perfectly!
Truly delicious:




8:30am after eating breakfast and scrolling through Instagram and Facebook and checking emails and the like, I head on upstairs to take a shower as my hair is a sweaty, truly mess and I am a sweaty mess, thus for the sake of the people involved in my day I shall clean thyself!

9:00am Showered, cleaned, dressed, teeth brushed and this is the time I usually post something to Instagram and then get on with the day!

This day featured a trip to the shops to hand in some resumes for a Summer job because 3-ish months of nothing after exams is going to become pretty dull without one! So hopefully I can land something for that break, if not I shall have to think of something else.

I also head up to the library to get some reading stuff to keep me occupied in this little break (around 3 weeks before WACE).

12:15 I have lunch at around 12:15pm today because I am quite hungry, surprise, surprise and today's lunch featured some oven roasted veg with lots of steamed peas layered throughout:
This bowl featured roasted pumpkin, parsnip, sweet potato, regular potato, beetroot and swede- simply coated in extra virgin olive oil and roasted in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for around 50 minutes to an hour.
I have an absolute obsession with roasted veggies and probably consume roast veggies at least 4 times a week- roasted pumpkin is my weakness! That texture and flavour though!!
After lunch, as I am not starting up my study routine again until after graduation (I don't want to burn out before my final exams!) I use this time to just do what I want to do, so the afternoon is typically pretty chilled, involving watching some netflix, possibly typing up a blog post, scrolling through Instagram, reading a book/ magazine and anything else I think to do.

I pretty much did all those things on this day and it was fabulous!

3:30pm This is typically when I get hungry again and thus my still all-time favourite afternoon snack of fruit entails and I enjoy every single bite!

As I'm a creature of habit, I always eat my snack watching my favourite YouTubers... one of my guilty pleasures/ favourite times of the day.

4:30pm- 5:15pm Now I always get really cold for some reason, so it is shower time once again, head upstairs, shower, change into comfy, warm pyjamas and head on down to the kitchen to prepare whatever it is I am making for dinner!

6:45pm
Dinner typically occurs around 6:30-6:45pm for me and my family and tonight I was feeling super lazy and decided to whip up a 5-minute dinner. No exaggeration:
This rice bowl featured a microwave packet of rice and quinoa, some chopped capsicum, celery, chickpeas, tomato, spinach and nutritional yeast-all mixed together and then microwaved for 4-5 mins until everything is heated through and tender:
Super simple and sooooo delicious!! My favourite type of dinner!
After dinner there pretty much is always a guaranteed after-dinner snack/ dessert as I need to ensure I am properly fuelled for whatever workout I've planned for the next morning!! Or maybe I just always need a little something extra after dinner :P. Either way- Tonights dessert featured two pieces of Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate (so creamy my friends!) and some ice-cold refreshing soy milk- deeee-licious!

7:00pm- 8:30/9:00pm After dinner I take my magnesium tablet and head upstairs to watch some telly and typically zone out and also typically doze off at around 8:30 wish where I finally manage to get up and take myself to my bed for some much-needed sleep time! Yep, early to bed, early to rise (definitely not a night-owl!!)

Aaaand thats a typical day-in-the-life for me, I am a creature of routine but do find that I sometimes need to switch things up to keep me from getting down/ anxious. Change is good my friends- I need to keep telling myself that!!

I also love looking back at these posts to see just how much has changed in my day-to-day life over the months/ years, kinda cool to have that stored away to look back on!

Ok, that's enough rambling from me- gosh this post is a lot longer than anticipated- props to you if you made through the whole thing! now tell me:

What's a typical morning look like for you?
When do you prefer to fit in your workout?
favourite no-fuss dinner? Rice/pasta bowls, or toasted sandwiches etc. are usually the go for me! Yum!

Alrighty, I hope you have an awesome day, do something you love to do, smile lots, be kind to everyone and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friendly friends!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...