It could be a bit of a illusory feeling because my mind is simply seeing green and thinking 'ok we must feel good now!', but I would believe that a big part of my feeling healthy, energised and full of nutrients is because these green foods provide energy bursting, nutrient-filled benefits!
Avocado, broccoli, spinach, brussels sprouts, kale, lettuce, pears, silver beat, peas, beans, green apples, kiwi-fruit, cucumber, zucchini... the list goes on and on and the benefits simply grow and grow!!
Now without further a do- how about a recipe for a super creamy, delicious pasta bowl?
1 serving penne pasta (I used high fiber penne)
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup corn
125g tin mixed four beans, drained and rinsed
1 handful spinach
1/2 large avocado
1 heaped tablespoon nutritional yeast
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions- add peas and corn for the last 2 minutes and in the last 30 seconds add the spinach to wilt down to literally nothing!
2. Drained pasta, peas and corn and spinach and place in large-ish bowl (to stir around) and add the rinsed four beans
3. Mash avocado (either large half or a whole small avocado) with the nutritional yeast until smooth and combined
4. Add the creamy mashed avocado to the pasta bowl and stir until every bit is covered in creamy, delicious avocado!
5. Transfer to eating bowl and NOM!
1 large chopped, frozen banana
1 handful of chopped, frozen zucchini
1 large handful chopped, frozen pineapple
1 LARGE handful of kale
1 LARGE handful of spinach
3 big scoops of greek yoghurt
1/2 heaped cup rolled oats with 1 teaspoon chia seeds soaked in 1 cup almond milk for around 10-15 mins
1. Place everything in the blender in this order: zucchini, kale, oats, pineapple, spinach, yoghurt, banana and a splash of water (I only put in a splash as I love my smoothies ridiculously thick- like strain to suck it up the straw thick, so if you like it less-thick just add more water!) and blend on high until smoothie smoooooth!
So there you have it friends! Two delicious green recipes that will leave you feeling refreshed, energised, light and happy, simultaneously providing your body with so many essential nutrients without you even noticing! Happy, happy dayzz!
What's your favourite green food? I have no idea what I would choose, probably spinach because it is just so versatile!
Favourite green recipe? Mine would definitely be green smoothies. But I did have a long affair with pesto for a while there... and avocado toast is simply so, so good!
Best breakfast you've had recently?
I hope you all have a truly wonderful rest of your day, look after your amazing bodies, do something you utterly love and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friendly friends!