Saturday 20 August 2016

Sunday Long Run and Link Love!

Hi there awesome people and HAPPY SUNDAY! WHOOP!

I always mention how much I love Sundays and, well, I'm going to do it again. I LOVE SUNDAYS! There's just that relaxing happy vibe about it that you just don't get on the other days of the week, it's all chill and content. Fridays pretty good too; you have that excited buzz about the upcoming weekend and Saturday your in that euphoric state of happiness with the notion of a whole other day of weekend still in front of you- you're invincible!

But Sundays. Sundays are just like; yep, happy days everyone. Happy days.

As Saturday had to become my much needed rest day after 7 full days of working out in a row and the last of those being Friday; the athletics carnival at my school (just re-confirming my knowledge that I am NOT  a sprinter!) which was quite demanding physically for the entire day for me. Thus Sunday was promoted to long run day as opposed to the usual rest day and it was lovely! I'm a bit thrown off time wise now as Saturday is usually my go-go-go day with long run, grocery shopping, get all the school work done and Sunday is my 'just chill' day but I don't mind changing it up a bit (change is good, remember :D)

So, woke up this morning (still didn't set an alarm though; I can long run later than 5am if I want to! It's Sunday!!) drank some water, got into my running gear, laced up the shoes, plyometric stretching and then off on a slow, sustained pace for what doesn't seem like 90 minutes equating to around 16.5km (I think I must zone out for big chunks at a time) but alas, arriving back at 8:00am and ready for some BREAKFASTTTT!!

Enter breakfast:
 Cherry Cheesecake Oats in an almost empty jar of homemade almond butter (not the dark chocolate super spread the label depicts :P)

 To make this bad boy I simply threw around 1 cup rolled oats, 1 small ripe banana, sliced, 1 handful frozen cherries, 3/4 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup water- into a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until all the liquid was absorbed (and stirring the banana into the oats to create that delicious creamy texture and sweetness throughout), let that sit for a few minutes before stirring through about 1/3 cup plain greek yoghurt and then pouring into the almost empty jar of almond butter:


 Sweet, creamy, cheese-cakey, nut buttery, oat-y goodness!

Yum.
Just what the post-run recovery legs ordered!

Now, onto some of the lovely links I found really awesome from the past week or so (it's hard to keep track of time when the year is just flying by so fast!!)


Food:

Grain Free Banana Bread Bars

A Bagel And A Muffin Had A Baby Called A Mufgel And It’s Delicious

Creamy Broccoli Garlic Pasta

baked AB&J french toast oatmeal

11 Secrets Pizza Lovers Won’t Tell You

Healthy 3-Ingredient Banana Fudge Cups

Fitness:

The 10 Commandments Of Working Out

20 Relateable Truths of a Runner Fitness Friday #3

The One Reminder All Runners Need

21-15-9 BODYWEIGHT WORKOUT

Health:

Our bodies don't run on numbers

Good reads:

Things I Gave Up to Be Healthy and Fit for Life

A Gym Said Women Shouldn’t Be Pear-Shaped And People Were Really Pissed Off

Being an Athlete vs. Being a Skinny Girl Who Runs

Your turn:
Are Sundays your designated rest day or do you keep up the grind? I love a good Sunday sleep-in and slow morning of preparing a nice brekky and scrolling through emails/ blog posts/ Instagram, but I also love that feeling of productivity and getting stuff done! Either way I guess is good!? :P
Fav meal post long-run?
What did you have for breakfast today?

I hope you all have a fantastic rest of your weekend, do something you love, look after your body, nourish it with good foods, reward it with enjoyable movement and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friendly friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...