Monday 5 December 2016

Leg Day, Dessert For Breakfast And Exploring!

Hidy-do there folks and welcome back to the place we can chat about food, fitness, fun and everything else in between.. also known as my blog.

Today's post is a little like a Hollywood blockbuster, if you will. A little bit of everything; action, romance, comedy... well actually food, fitness and sun, like I mentioned above. I recently received an invitation to share some of my favourite spots around Perth and I thought to myself; Heck yes! Perth's awesome, let's showcase some of my fav places to visit!

But before we get into that, here's a little recap of how my morning went so far (the fitness and food before the fun! :P)

Today is Tuesday (yep, well done Steph) and thus I sort of went against my standard routine of #Legday Monday by doing a brutal, jelly-fying legday today! So... Legday Tuesday?!

Here are my beautiful Instagrams to showcase the love I have for this day:


(If you aren't following me on Instagram, well let me just tell you- you are missing out on all the EPICNESS that is my wall. Sorry! Rectify this insanity by checking out @steph2chef! :P :P)

1000 squats, deadlifts, more squats, lunges, single-legged deadlifts, box jumps, chair stands, more squats and a lot of scrunching up my face and grunting later- my legs were thoroughly worked!

And so it was time to head on into the kitchen to make some FOOD to refuel those fatigued muscles!!

Which is where I found this lovely lass (otherwise known as my mother) sporting full pink as I rocked the full black- opposites!!
pic

Anywho, for brekky I made up these delicious bites of awesome-ness:
 That I like to call; No-bake vanilla protein chickpea blondies!
 With a side of mixed berry and zucchini fro-yo for that refreshing hit of creamy fruitiness!
 And to whip them up? SUUUPER simple! Just pop 3/4 cup rinsed and drained chickpeas, 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1 heaped tablespoon crunchy peanut butter (or any nut butter/ spread), 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder, 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional), splash of almond milk- whaz up until smooth!
 Then I simply scooped out portions and rolled into balls, flattening into squares for the typical blondie shape and then popping in the freezer on a plate to firm up a bit (probably 15-20mins) taste-testing along the way of course (this girl was HUNGRRRYYY!!)
 The fro-yo was simply a handful of frozen zucchini, a handful of frozen mixed berries and 3 big spoons of greek yoghurt, whazzed up until smooth and creamy- popped in a cup and into the freezer for around the same amount of time as the blondies :D.
 But seriously guys, if you ever want to eat rich, sweet, vanilla flavoured, fudge-like blondies for breakfast and not just 1 or 2 but 6!!!! Then whip up this recipe- it is so so good and filled with so much goodness too!
 Especially post-workout, this meal is filled with protein from the protein powder, chickpeas, nut butter and greek yoghurt- your muscles will be mighty happy and recovery will be optimised!
 Soft, chewy, delicious bites of joy:
 The ultimate way to start the day:
 #Dessertforbreakfast
Fitness, food and now onto the fun!

So if you didn't know already, I am an Aussie born and bred girl and so thanks to the email from Cara, I think it's about time I rattled off some of my favourite places to adventure to in Perth (because Perth is filled with so many awesome sites and activities)

First and foremost: Hillary's Boat Harbour:
A harbour for boats filled with restaurants, shops, small beaches, fish, arcades, a ridiculous amount of ice cream shops and smiling people and families everywhere you go- a truly awesome place to visit!

Next up we have Rottnest Island which is a short ferry ride out of Perth and is home to some of the most unique and amazing flora and fauna in the world!
Including this litte guy- the quokka (the reason Rottnest was called Ratsnest when it was first discovered- explorers thinking the island was filled with rats!)

Fremantle is also a favourite of mine to visit:
Filled with so many hidden gems of restaurants and market places (Freo farmers markets- the best!!) where you can buy anything from huge, freshly-made cinnamon doughnuts, to lavender scented bath salts- not to mention some of the best vegan and hipster cafes I've been to!
Health Freak Cafe will always be one of my favourite cafes to visit in Perth, offering so many different optiona for every dietary type:
As well as Voyage restaurant -right near the beach and offering some of the best foods I've ever tasted!
And on my wishlis this Summer: To go hiking in the John Forrest Reserve- looks so amazing!!
Ultimately though, the place I will most probably be day-in day-out here in my amazing Perth is the beach!
Perth beaches are incredibly beautiful and I live pretty much next door to it, so that will be the main place I'll be visiting this Summer!!

If you want more details about how to book tickets for local events in your area, click here!!

Alrighty! What a post! I'm sure you're totally overwhelmed by this Hollywood blockbuster and I would be utterly impressed if you made it all the way to the end!

Your turn:
What's your favourite workout of the moment? I'm loving all of Fitness Blenders workouts right now- so fun and challenging!
Favourite breakfast of recently? This guy takes out the ranks!!
Favourite place to visit in your home town? Paint me a picture of what it's like!!

Have yourself a truly awesome day, do something you love to do, be with those you love, smile lots and, as always, EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friendly friends!! :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...