Monday 8 June 2015

My favourite foods that I eat. Repetitively.

I don't like repetition.
Or so I thought...

I know I don't like change and I don't like changing up a routine I've grown comfortable with, but when it comes to food, I like to mix things up and hate having the same things ever. single. day.

But then I started to notice a few meals that kept popping up on my memory card, over and over again and I realised that I do in fact, eat some of the same foods quite often. At first I thought this was a bad thing, you know like I'm not venturing out of my comfort zone or trying new flavours, but then I came to realise that these are my favourite meals and that's why they're always popping up in the craving section of my brain.

So below are a few of the meals that happen on repeat around these parts and that I've grown so accustomed to that I could probably whip them up asleep (and wouldn't be surprised if I did ;)

Oat balls/ truffles:
You guys have seen these a lot because I post about them a lot, because I like them. A lot. See this post, this post, this post, this post (possibly my favourite), and we'll end it with this post :).
That was only a few of the links... Anywho, they're delicious, super easy to make and awesome as a make-the-night-before-and-not-have-to-think-in-the-morning breakfast! (see here)

You may have also noticed that beautifully deep-purple stuff in the picture above and you may have already guessed, but it's my beloved fro-yo!
I guess it all started back to this post Since then I've been buying all the fruit and freezing it to whaz up with greek yoghurt to make all different flavours of 'frozen yoghurt'.
This guy was 1/2 chopped banana + a handful of frozen blackberries + 3 spoons greek yoghurt, whazzed up in a mini food processor until smooth. So good!

Another breakfast creation that is going no-where in the foreseeable future is my beloved smoothie bowls!

Smoothie Bowls:

Smoothie:
+ home-made granola:
= Happiness:
Again, I just can't seem to get enough of this warm, fudge-y, refreshing, fruity bowl of awesome. And have made many, many, many, many (and many more) smoothie bowls in the past 1-2 years or so.

Onto the savoury stuff (although, this isn't really savoury... ahh well :)

Baked  and stuffed sweet potatoes:
I love me a full baked sweet potato stuffed with delicious-ness and have come to realise that I have at least one every week (generally 2).
My favourite combo of the minute is piling on top some beans, lentils, peas and corns that have been fried up together in a pan with some coconut oil (see this post) :
But I'll stuff em' with nut butter, coconut butter, falafel, salsa, hommus, Mexican beans- whatever I'm craving at the time really!
And no, there are no knives or forks when i have a baked sweet potato boat I can holg onto like a hot dog. Things do get a little messy, I will admit!

Lastly, the ever favourite grilled sandwich that features about once a week. Every week:
The grilled veg sandwich.
Originated here.
Can also be found here, here, here and here.
It's a beats. It fills me up and tastes so, so good!

This guy was on some dark rye bread (love that rye flavour!) spread with hommus, topped with spinach, grilled pumpkin, a curry veggie patty, grilled mushrooms + capsicum + zucchini+ eggplant and the other slice of hommus spread bread:
Toasted in a sandwich press!
There are no words people. Go and make this now.
And if you're anything like me, take pictures of it while you eat it... because you know, that's normal :)
Nom.

What about you?
Do you have favourite meals that you eat on repeat?
Are you a same meals everyday kind of person, or have to change it up?
Are you a fan of rye bread? I just can't get over the flavour :)

I hope you all have a fabulous day, do something you enjoy, give someone  hug aaannd just relax for a few mins, I think we all need to do that sometimes (me especially!) Bye for now friends!! :D


2 comments:

  1. this makes me hungry! seriously, all looks so good. yogurt + fruit is definitely on repeat, as a re large salads with beans. I've noticed I've been liking dips more lately! I've also been craving a fro yo/ice cream type thing but have been too lazy to make it haha. what was in this smoothie?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get super hungry looking at food pics on blogs!! Drooool. I'm pretty sure that smoothie was my stock standard frozen banana+ frozen mango+ spinach+ greek yoghurt+ water :)
      I love white beans in salad they add so much texture and deliciousness and I really want to get into making dips more often because I love dipping. Everything.
      Thanks for you comment!
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...