Monday 29 June 2015

Pasta! ... Almost ;)

So my post on Monday seemed to spark something in me.

I actually got a bit creative at dinner time (yep, dinner time!!) and decided to whip up something kinda different for once!

As the title suggests, it was a pasta dish... almost ;)

Almost, you ask?

Weeeelll, I figure calling something a 'pasta' dish would actually entail the addition of pasta, which this dish does not. Instead it's basically one big bowl of veg! I ain't complaining though- veggies never tasted so good!
Don't worry buddy, you won't even miss it!
You know what I'm talking about. It's a thing.
Yep, zucchini pasta/ noodles/ zoodles :)

Unfortunately I do not have that whaz-bang machine that spiralizes the zucchini into curly ribbons of noodles, but in all honesty, it's not even that necessary! Grab a peeler and a knife and you're good to go!
So that's what I did! (after I chopped up some pumpkin to roast in the oven for 45 mins at 180 degrees celsius :)
I peeled half a medium zucchini and half a carrot, cut them into slim strips and popped them in a bowl for a quick blanching later on!

I also made a tasty 'sauce'
Char-grilled eggplant, capsicum and cherry tomatoes, brown onion + handful spinach, whazzed until combined:
Into a saucepan of boiling water went the zucchini and carrot 'pasta' for around 3-4 mins (you don't want it too soft or the zucchini will just disappear!) and then drained and popped back in the pot:
Quickest cooking pasta I've ever seen (looking at you high protein pasta)
I then threw in the sauce and the roast pumpkin, some garlic tofu and stirred until combined.
Next came glorious-ness in a bowl:
This was incredibly tasty, filling and down right happiness inducing.
Happy days.

Your turn:
Are you a zoodles fan?
Could you ever give up pasta? I don't think I could. It's too beautiful!
Do you find your creativity in the kitchen dwindle or prosper come dinner time? Definitely dwindling for me!

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day, as always- eat something delicious! Bye!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...