Tuesday 14 February 2017

The Week In Workouts!!

Hi there friendly friends and welcome to another Week In Workouts post!

Rest day is scheduled in for tomorrow and thus I thought I'd share with you what the previous working out days have looked like and a typical working out week for me at the moment!

Now I'm the type of person who needs to keep things changing and interesting to keep my motivation up. Last week my way of doing that was completing this insane Weekend Warrior Workout by Lifting Revolution that nearly killed me. Honestly it was one of the hardest workouts I've ever done. And it was awesome. :P

This week was a little less crazy, but still filled with fun, interesting and challenging workouts that left me wanting more every single day!

Saturday saw a brutally awesome full body and arm-focus workout that left my muscles shaking with enriching exhaustion:
 I started out with 12 full body lifts which involves picking up the barbell from a deadlift, hoisting it up to my chest, pushing above my head, back behind on my shoulders, low squat and then thrusting back up above my head, to chest to deadlift to ground- truly great warm-up to get the body warm and ready to go!!
 Following that I did 15 deadlifts with my new super heavy barbell I got for my 18th (I got a whole weight-lifitng set for my birthday :D Happy days!) and then 27 squats, the last 5 being low to the ground.
 And from there I went into my arm routine which involved biceps and triceps supersetted together so I didn't have to break so often!
Finishing off with another 12 full body barbells- nice!

Sunday was crazy HIIT day where I crushed out Fitness Blender's Climbing The Mountain workout- which will never fail to make me sweat!! Honestly, if you want to challenge your body- do this workout. By the time you get to 60 seconds through with only 15 seconds break in between- the pain will be real!

Monday= AB DAY!!
 I'm so proud how far my abs have come in the last few months- not only there occasional appearance but also the fact that I can feel how much stronger my core is and can amaze myself by some of the exercises I can now do that used to leave me crying on the floor! :P
 This session involved another fun challenge- Blogilate's 1000 abs challenge, followed by a medicine ball full body workout and then Fitness Blender's advanced weighted core workout, finishing off with Blogilate's Muffin Top Shredder Song Challenge (my favourite song challenge I think!!)
 This is me being super excited about seeing abs: :P
 As you know I like to train fasted as any food in my belly makes me feel nauseous (especially during intense workouts) and so it's so utterly important for me to get a good brekky into me following such rigorous exercise:
 Enter amazing breakfasts like this:
 A huge creamy, delicious green mango smoothie made with 1/2 large super ripe frozen mango, 1 frozen banana, 1 handful frozen zucchini, 5 chunks frozen spinach, 3 scoops greek yoghurt and a splash of water, along with a BIG heaping of mixed nuts (brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds and cashews)- absolutely perfect!!
 Tuesday featured another fav of mine: HIIT and run:
 Judging by the face you can probably tell it was a good one!!
This involved 2 Fitness Blender short HIIT workouts (a regular HIIT and a jump rope HIIT) followed by a 40-45min 7km slow recovery run- hit. the. spot:
 See, I'm happy really ^^ :P

Finally that brings us to today's workout before rest day which finished out the session quite similarly to how we started; with some weights:
 Today was more chest focused, still starting and ending with 12 full body barbell lifts but with a heck of a lot more bench presses, push-ups, dumbell flies, rows etc.
 The best parts about weights for me is seeing just how strong and capable I am. It makes me feel powerful and I truly love that feeling! Hence why I love adding it to my workout routine!!
 It's also pretty cool to see my muscles growing and my body transforming into a strong, powerful girl woman!
 BOOM:
 Again, refueling with the best:
 Berry cheesecake oats made with 1 cup rolled oats, 1 sliced banana, 1 handful frozen berries, 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 3/4 cup water- stirred over medium heat until absorbed (vigorously at the end for fluffiness and to fully incorporate banana) 2 scoops greek yoghurt stirred in at end and topped and tailed with crunchy peanut butter, coconut nut butter in the middle- NOM!

And all my other meals during the day have been filled with all the good stuff like these two dinners:
 Huge bowl of steamed veg (pumpkin, potato, broccoli, brussels, peas and chickpeas)

And this toasted roasted veggie sourdough seeded roll:
 Spread with hommus, topped with spinach, roasted pumpkin, parsnip, potato, white sweet potato, beetroot and swede- sooooo delicious!!
 Toasted up until golden and crispy in a sandwich press:
 So yes, that is what a typical work-out week looks like for me and I utterly love it! Something different every single day to keep my body guessing and challenging and testing my limits- keeps my body strong, keeps my mind strong and ultimately leaves me feeling like this:
Which is how every workout should!!

Your turn:
What was your favourite workout from the week?
Lifitng weights? Are you a fan?
Fav way to eat roasted veggies? I'm keen to try whazzing them up into a smoothie- I saw it on Instagram and now I'm intrigued- will get back to you on that one!!!

I hope you found today's post interesting and helpful! I just want to ensure you are working out for the pure pleasure and blessing of being able to move your body and enjoy it!! Have yourself a wonderful day, do something you love and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friendly friends!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...