I have been absolutely loving this spice lately- and, oh my goodness, why has no one ever told me how utterly amazing the mango/turmeric combo is?? I mean I whipped up a creamy dreamy green mango smoothie the other day and added a few dashes of the golden spice and voila! Soooo delicious!! What is that!?!
But today, I actually have a savoury recipe for you for once! Yep and it involves the words scramble, breakfast and burrito... I think you'll be a fan:
It's super filling, filled with all the good protein, fibre from the veggies and wholegrain wraps, all those incredible nutrients our body thrives on and all those anti-inflammatory properties I'm always raving on about with the turmeric and other spices!!
Tofu scramble breakfast veggie burrito:
1/2 block tofu (125g) crumbled up in a bowl
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 dashes cayenne pepper
1/2 clove of garlic
1/2 medium zucchini sliced long
2 mushrooms, sliced
5 cherry tomatoes sliced in half lengthways
a handful of sliced capsicum
a handful of sliced onion
1 clove of garlic
1 wholemeal wrap
2 tablespoons hommus
1. To make the tofu scramble place the spices in a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water- stir to combine
2. Mix spice blend through crumbled tofu and place in a frypan over medium heat
4. Place the veggies and garlic in the same fry pan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies turn from this:
5. Remove from heat and set aside
6. Warm up tortilla in either the microwave for 10 seconds or the hot [an for 10-20 seconds and the spread with hommus.
7. Layer on the spinach, then the veg:
Happy, happy days- so delicious and exactly what the doctor ordered for a beautifully hearty and satisfying meal with ALL the benefits of healthy eating tasting like a super delish lunch burrito!
What's your favourite way to eat tofu scramble? I do love a scramble on hommus 'buttered' toast with some sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes and baked beans for the ultimate vegan brekky!
Favourite things to put in a wrap?
Fav way to use tofu in general? I used to put it in my smoothies all the time (silken) but now-a-days I love to bake it and have it with stir-fried veggies and rice!! So good!!
I hope you all have a lovely day, have a play around with tofu because it really can do so many things, be kind to yourself and others and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friends! :D