Today the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, I had a lovely lie-in rest-morning (brutal PT training sesh 10:30am coming up though!!) and just came back from a gorgeous beach walk with the mother. To say life is pretty good would be an understatement!
It's the little things in life that truly bring us the most pleasure overall and I think truly acknowledging them and thanking the world for them each and every day is what fills our hearts and warms our souls.
Ok, enough with the deep stuff that makes our bodies feel amazing. Onto something else that makes our bodies feel amazing; good and honest and wholesome fooooooooooddd!!!!
Today also happens to be the day when I made one of the best breakfasts I've made in a long, long time. And here it is:
This my friends, is what I like to long-windedly call the tropical banana-mango green smoothie bowl topped with raw cacao rich choc and turmeric oat truffles!
And it was phenomenal.
Filled with so many antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, a few servings of veggies thrown in there, rich dark chocolate truffles, paired perfectly with the cool, creamy, sweet smoothie base... friends, this is it.
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a few big dashes turmeric
1 heaped tablespoon crunchy peanut butter (any nut butter will work)
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk alternative/ water will be fine)
Optional- two dates for sweetness (I love tart, bitter dark choc, so committed but if you want some subtle sweetness dates are amazing!!)
1 large frozen banana
1 handful frozen mango
1 handful frozen zucchini
3-4 chunks frozen spinach chunks
1 super big scoop greek yoghurt
1/2 cup water
1. Make the truffles by putting all of the ingredients for the truffles into a blender/ food processor (vitamix to the scene!) and whaz together until smooth and sticky.
2. Roll out into balls and place on a plate lined with baking paper and into the freezer for 20-30mins whilst you make the smoothie base.
3. Make the banana-mango green smoothie base by putting the zucchini, spinach, greek yoghurt, mango, banana and water into a blender (Vitamix, you're up again!!) and whizzing up on high until smoothie-smooth, thick and creamy.
4. Spoon out and smooth over into a bowl and into the freezer for 15 mins to harden up slightly.
5. Remove both from freezer, top smoothie bowl with balls and ENJOY!
When the ingredients are this good, it's hard to feel guilty about eating something this delicious!!
So yes, already it has been such a wonderful, perfect and delicious day and a big part of that is simply realising all the amazing things we are blessed with in this life!
Eat good food, move your body, smile more and most of all, remember how awesome even the smallest little awesome-nesses are!!
Have a good one my friends and I'll be back with another post soon about the ways in which I am feeling my body during strength training and weights to get all those #gainzzzzz
P.S. EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS.