See? Ok, that's not really one word... PINK! Would be more accurate.
Last night was Friday pizza night, as mum was leaving for England that night and had no intention of cooking. I did however, so I made myself a delicious pizza:
For the base:
Use this recipe, omit the pumpkin and instead steam half a beetroot for 30 mins.
For the toppings:
Pizza sauce (100% tomato paste mixed with oregano and basil)
Any other veggies you want
For the stuffed crust:
2 heaped tablespoons canned lentils
2 heaped tablespoons canned butter beans (or red kidney beans, or black beans etc.)
1 tablespoon of hommus- or your favourite dip
1. Peel, chop and steam beetroot for 30 mins
2. Follow this method for making dough. Place beetroot into a small food processor and process into small cubes, grab a handful and squeeze juice onto dough, let a few bits of beetroot in as well.
3. Work dough on a floured bench for 5 mins. It should look like this:
5. Meanwhile get all of your toppings together, make the sauce and the cheese.
6. preheat oven to 18 degrees celsius.
7. Chop and steam veggies for 20 mins
8. Get the dough:
9. Place rinsed lentils and beans in a bowl, place a plate on top and microwave for 20 seconds. Mash with fork and stir in hommus, or other dip.
10. Place on the edge of pizza with a gap, so you can fold it over.
12. Top! bit of 'cheese', sauce, spinach, rest of toppings, rest of 'cheese'
13.Bake in oven for 20-25 mins until crust is hard.
Well, this morning, the colour spread its joy once again!
You can find different versions here and here and here!
This one was super thick and super good though!
Tuity Fruity Brekky Smoothie:
frozen banana (1 whole one)
frozen milk cubes
splash of non-dairy milk (I used oat)
( I didn't use any measurement because you can use as little or as much as you want, I will show you a picture of how much I used though)
nut butter (1 tablespoon)
1/2 tablespoon oat milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Microwave nut butter and oatmilk in a small container for 20 seconds, stir until smooth
3. Place muesli in a bowl and rub in nut butter mixture, spread onto pan lined with baking paper and bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown
4. Let sit for 5 mins to go crunchy!
9. Take really fast pics- so it doesn't melt: