....'We can stay up late, swap manly stories and in the mornin', I'M MAKIN WAFFLES!'
Hehe, I hope everyone knows where that quote came from!
Anyway! It's the age-old question... Pancakes or waffles? Generally I'd go waffles, coz they look cooler, but lately I've wanted pancakes?
Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to give you a recipe for both.. Darn!
chia gel (1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 tablespoon milk of choice)
1 banana, roughly chopped
20g wholemeal spelt flour
10g coconut flour
20g gluten free self raising flour (optional- just increase spelt flour instead)
1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder
1/2-1 tablespoon raw cacao ( I put a whole one in!)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2-3/4 cup of milk of choice (until you get a pancake consistency. I used oat milk))
optional- LSA mix
optional- melted nut butter
1. Place all your dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
2.Add your milk, chia gel and banana and melted nut butter (if using) to the mix and stir to combine
It should look like this:
3. Once you've made your smoothie and it's waiting and thickening in the freezer, heat up a waffle maker and grease with oil (or butter etc.)
4. Spoon on half the mixture and close the lid. Check after about 3 mins (If you check sooner, it will be runny and break/stick etc.)
5. Keep cooking until its solid and golden. Remove from waffle maker, grease again and place remaining mixture in for another 3 or so minutes.
Ok onto the smoothie recipe!
1 cup berries
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1 cup milk of choice ( I used soy milk)
and that's it!
1. Place in blender and blend until smooth!
Keep in freezer while finishing waffles.
Gooey chocolatey, banana-ry waffles:
Now onto my pancake recipe for today!
This was inspired by.... well my imagination!
Make up a batch of oats by using 3/4 cup of muesli, 1/4 cup oatbran, chia seeds optional- cinnamon and 2 cups of milk:
Then heat a fry pan with some oil, place a quarter of your oat mixture on and flatten down with an apple slice:
Once you have 4 oat-cakes top with whatever you like, (I went with peanut butter) retrieve ice cream from freezer and enjoy!
these ones are a close second!
See you later guys!