Sunday 7 February 2016

A Very Veggie Tart

Hidy-ho friendly friends!

I hope everyone's week has kicked off well and we are all looking after ourselves as we head back into the hectic-ness of a working week! (and studying week; shout out to all my Year 12 buds out there in the world!)

One way to definitely make sure you're looking after yourself is by taking the time out of a busy day to simply cook. Cook yourself a home-made meal made with love, happiness and good, good food.

Even when life throws me every curve ball it can, I always cook myself something up for dinner (even if it's simply avocado soldiers and boiled eggs) because I know my body still needs the fresh, wholesome goodness of a home-cooked meals!

I had a little extra time though this passed weekend, so instead of eggs on toast, I cooked up something a little more technical:

et Voila! A Very Veggie, Veggie-filled Tart!

I have only ever made veggie tarts once or twice before- which I utterly loved- making me wonder why I don't make savoury veggie tarts more often??

This delicious bad boy is wheat free with a delightful chickpea flour base and beautifully flavoured veg baked with the rich zing of a balsamic glaze!

Ok, enough chat about this tasty tart- how about a recipe??

Ingredients:
Base:
1/3 cup chickpea flour
2 heaped tablespoons lentil flour (optional- add more chickpea if desired)
2- 3 tablespoon water (add extra/ less to form dough)
1/2 teaspoon Garlic
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
sprinkle of dired herbs of choice (I used thyme)
Veggie filling:
A few thin slices of pumpkin (3?)
A few thin slices of beetroot
Caramelised onion:
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 large red onion, sliced into rings

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, greese a mini tart tin and line the bottom with baking paper
2. Steam veggies for around 15 minutes until soft, leave to one side

3. Rub together all the ingredients for the chickpea base (or whaz in a small food processor) until combined (not too sticky), roll out and place in greased tin.




 4. Wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate until needed
5. Place oil and onions in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally for around 15 mins until onion is soft and caramelised

6. Press base into mini tart tin. Place base in the oven for 10-15mins until slightly golden brown

6. Pile veggies on top of base and sprinkle with rock salt/ extra herbs/ whatever you desire- I kept mine fairly simple- nothing but those delish veggies!!) (optional) and place back in the oven for 10-20mins until golden brown and fragrant





7. ENJOY!!
I enjoyed mine with a side of steamed greens and potato topped with a little grated cheese :)

A massive flavour sensation later and BOOM- you will be one very happy veggie-filled person!

Your turn:
Are you a fan of savoury tarts?
Favourtie savoury tart to make/ eat?
Favourite way to use balsamic vinegar/ glaze?


I hope you all have a brilliant rest of your day- remember look after yourselves and as always; eat something delicious!! Bye for now friends!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...