Wednesday 24 February 2016

WIAW #90- Food excites me!

What has two legs, two arms and a confused, dizzy mental state of a teenager with a huge pile of homework, tests and assignments coming out her ears and a desire to flee to a foreign country and take up residence for eternity?

MEEE-ZAAAAA!

I lie though. Life's not that hard/ stressful... yet.

I'm totally loving year 12, all the extra stuff I get to do, the leadership rolls I can take on, the shifting of teacher student relationships to a more appreciative exchange- it's all super fun! Also, the American- varsity style bommer jackets with our names and year 12 caps sweeten the deal a little too.

In saying all this, I can definitely feel the extra work needed to be put into maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regime.

But you know what else I've found; my spark and excitement for my future meals is back baby! Especially breakfast- I will literally go to bed at night with the excited butterflies of the anticipation of a delicious breakfast filled with so much yum!

So, in honour of the re-ignited spark- here's a WIAW from yesterday (Tuesday) including awesome meals- random meals and meals that reflect the current state of my mind- FRAZZLED! Thanks as always to Peas and Crayons for this weekly link-up!!

Breakfast: 7:15am
A super delicious green smoothie with a side of gigantic straight-out-of-the-oven warm nut butter oat cookies!
One cookie was made with oats, oat bran, wholegrain cheerios with headted up peanut butter and almond milk rubbed in, the other with the same ingredients but almond butter heated up with almond milk and rubbed together.
Rolled into balls, flattened and baked for around 15 mins at 180 degrees celsius
Into the Vitamix went 1 chopped, frozen banana, some frozen mango chunks, frozen zucchini, kale, spinach, greek yoghurt and water- whazzed up until smooth and creamy, dreamy delicious:
And happy, happy days:

Whoever said cookies are not a breakfast food?!? I beg to sincerely disagree!
So gooood!
Nutty, fudgey, warm... Steph was extremely happy!
Lunch: 1:40pm
After classes then  recess (peas and corn) and two more classes at school, it was finally lunch time!
Although I forgot Tuesday's were year 12 bible study day at school, so sort of regretted my decision to take in brussels sprouts and broccoli...

Brussels sprouts, brocvoli and eggplant roasted in coconut oil until tender over some baby spinach:


Quite tasty- even though the smell was a little more powerful than I would have liked!!

Snack: 3:45pm
The weather turned as I got home from school before my flute lesson- dark clouds and rain appearing. A snack was in order to keep up the happy vibes:
Chopped green apple with some tasty rockmelon :)

Dinner: 6:45pm
Dinner was one of those examples of 'Steph can't be bothered using her brain right now, please call back later.'
Featuring reduced salt baked beans, boiled eggs, hommus rye bread toast soldiers... with a side of carrot.
Yep, I was in the mood to chomp on a full sized carrot. Yep.

So that's what I ate this past Tuesday!

What about you?
Do you ever love going to bed because you know breakfast will soon follow?
Favourite breakfast to make currently?
Weirdest dinner you've thrown together recently?

I hope you all have a lovely rest of your week- do something you love, love, love to do, stay positive, stay happy- BECAUSE THE WORLD IS AWESOME! Bye for now friendly friends!! :D

4 comments:

  1. Everything about this screams comfort! I LOVE baked beans. And boiled eggs. Oh man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora,
      I was definitely in a comfort food mood!!!
      Have a great day! :D
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  2. Ah, everything...those cookies, the roasted veggies, fruit, the beans, the bread and hummus. YUM! I'd be excited about food all the time too if I ate that well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith,
      You sure can eat this way- it ain't too tricky and I'm really just going with what the body wants!
      Thanks for your comment and have a brilliant day! :D
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...