Sunday 15 January 2017

What I Eat In A Typical Day

Hi there friendly friends and happy Monday to you all!!

I hope this week (as much of it we have experienced so far) has treated you well and that you are treating yourself well as well!!

Today I decided to do a What I Eat In A Day, featuring a very typical day for me, as yesterday every meal seemed to be epic in the most delicious of senses. Not overly complicated/ complex with wacky ingredients- just so so tasty!

Alrighty, let's jump straight to it! A typical day of living/ eating:

6:15am-7:30am

This is when I workout generally and this day was no different.  Arm day was on the cards and I smashed out a brutal arm and chest workout with weights that felt so good!
Baby biceps a-growing ^
And I'm pretty proud of how my shoulders are coming along too! Don't mind the big tub of sunscreen on the counter by the way. Sun smart, right?
Also got a cheeky shot of the abs in there! :P

8:00am

Now, breakfast.
You guys, this was the best mug of oats I have ever eaten in my entire life and it was pretty much down to the incredible quality of the ingredients used.
See these vanilla protein, plum, cheesecake oats were made with the most intense, beautifully ripe, sweet juicy plums I have ever eaten and they created the most epic warming, out-of-this-world delicious oatmeal ever!
And just for your benefit I will leave you with the recipe that you should definitely whip up if you ever find yourself in the situation where you have some incredibly delicious plums on hand!
Into a saucepan goes 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1 sliced banana, 3 ripe plums, chopped, 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water- stirring occasionally over medium heat until the oats have thickened and the liquid has been absorbed (vigorous stirring at the end to belnd in the banana for even sweetness!)
A spoon or two of greek yoghurt stirred in at the end and then topped and tailed with almond butter- trul;y the perfect nut butter to go with these sweet and tangy oats!
Honestly, I almost cried with that first bite and was literally smiling the entire way through eating this post-workout, high protein, utterly delicious breakfast!
Filled with so much goodness like fibre, protein, good fats, vitamins and minerals- this legitimately tastes like a decadent dessert that will only do go things for your body!
Honestly, so so good- a must try!
Happy, happy days :)

After brekky I showered, did some chores around the house, hung out some washing and then went off to work from 10:00am-3:00pm (still quite full from the oats!)

3:30pm

The oats kept me going throughout the entirety of my shift but when I got home I was rather ravenous, so enter lunch? Afternoon tea?
(I snacked on a carrot whilst making this) rye toast topped with Vegemite and the most delicious, perfectly ripe avocado with some cherry tomatoes and a granny smith apple- yum! Super delicous, simple and took no time at all to throw together!

After 'lunch', I grabbed the washing in, watched some YouTube videos whilst I prepped my dinner, showered again because I'm a stinking mess after work and got ready for evening church at 5pm

6:30pm
After returning back from church I simply jumped into my PJ's and then took out my pre-prepared dinner and utterly devoured this:
This amazing bowl of incredible yumminess involved some cold steamed purple and white sweet potato and butternut pumpkin with some peas and mixed four beans:
Again, so very simple, but so utterly delicious that once again I was smiling the entirety through eating this meal!
Can you tell I love my starchy veg?!? :P
An here's a little snap from my Insta-story:
Nom indeed!

After dinner I had a nice cold glass of soy milk and then called it a night on the food front because everything was so so so delicious and I was so so so stuffed!

Cleaned my teeth, snuggled down i front of the telly and promptly fell asleep by 8:30am, only to wake up today and start another brilliant day of delicious foods and nourishing things for my body!

Aaaand that's what I ate!

Your turn:
What's been the best breakfast you've eeaten recently?
Favourite food to add to your oats?
Best simple throw-together-in-under-5-mins meal? Love a good toasted sandwich too! Or microwave rice bowl :D

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day, do something you love, be with those you love and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now folks!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...