Wednesday 25 January 2017

Turmeric Breakfast Recovery Truffles!!

Hi there friendly friends and happy Thursday- the day before the day when everyone gets excited for the weekend! You excited yet??

Anywho, today I have a recipe for you!! Yay!

I love exercise- it makes me feel good, sets me up for the day with a positive mindset and a really good feeling of exhaustion that's buzzing with endorphins and a fighting attitude to crush the day! However, as I am one of those people who can't crush said workouts with food in the belly (when I had to do track and races at school following lunch/ breakfast etc. I definitely did not feel/ perform my best my friends- and let's not even talk about how heavy I felt trying to run after school when I first started running back in year 9.

So after I crush it with the sweaty sweat sesh's I know I gotta refuel and the other day after a particularly brutal workout I knew I needed more than just fuel- I needed the optimum recovery fuel- plenty of protein, carbs, healthy fat and a whole bunch of other essential micro nutrients to nourish the body!

Enter this creation:
These, my friends, are vanilla protein turmeric oat truffles with a side of mango/zucchini (can't taste it I swear!) froyo:
The addition of the vegan protein powder and dashes of turmeric and cinnamon add so much to these balls, not only in awesome warmth and spice but also inflammation-reducing properties and muscle-rebuilding goodness!
Soft, fudgey, extremely decadent- and so healthy that you can eat these for breakfast and eat ALL OF THEM! That's my kind of breakfast:
The rich, smooth, delicious mouth-coating deliciousness of the truffles is perfectly cut-thorugh by the sharp, refreshing, sweetness of the tropical mango froyo and make the ultimate pairing for this complete meal:
Truly so perfect!
Alrighty, enough blabbering- onto the recipe!!

Vanilla protein turmeric oat truffles

Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
 2 pitted dates
1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
 a few big dashes of turmeric
 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter (any nut butter with do)
 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional- adds a nice caramel-y flavour along with the dates)
 1/3-1/2 cup almond milk

Method:
1. Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and combined
2. Scoop out and roll into balls, place on plate lined with baking paper and pop in the freezer for 30mins to set (obviously I was hangry so mine was more like 15 mins :P) Remove when ready and enjooyyyy!
For the froyo? Simply whaz 1 handful frozen mango + 1 handful frozen zucchini with 3 big scoops greek yoghurt until smooth and creamy, pop into a cup/ bowl and into the freezer until the truffles are set enough:
And to eat? I recommend the dipping action:
The ice-cream sundae method works well too:
Ultimately it's going to taste good any way you choose to eat it so make it, eat it and thank me later!!
Your turn:
Ever used turmeric in a sweet recipe?
Favourite way to add turmeric to dishes?
Best post-workout meal for recovery?

I hope you enjoyed this post and definitely give these a go- also have yourself a truly wonderful day, so the things you love and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS! Bye for now beuaitful people!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...