It all happened so suddenly.
One minute I was fine, the next I had a fever, headache, monstrous cough and runny nose.
I had no time to think, no time to act.
The desire to go on was slowly but surely dwindling away.
Ok, I'll snap out of it! But really, if you didn't guess by the title (or the thrilling intro) I'm sick and not happy in the slightest! Since it is Thursday, and on Thursday's we Think Out Loud, I thought I would think out loud about the drastic change in personality I experience when I'm sick.
Thanks as always to Spoons for hosting this link-up each week!
1. My first symptoms of a cold is either a fever or a sore throat. This one started off with a fever and that's when I knew it was going to be brutal.
2. After a day of slightly warmer cheeks and forehead, the cough started to develop. DuUN-DUN-DUN.
3. As soon as I have even the slightest inkling of a cold I will load up on all the vitamin C tablets and Lemsips.
4. I also get a lot more irritable and have a much shorter fuse (both anger wise and emotional wise).
5. The tablets and Lemsips didn't make a dent in anything.
6. Then overnight- BAM- I'm gone. High temp, bad cough, dizzy- the lot!
And that's the story of my cold (Riveting right?)
Anywho, here's a typical look at some of the things I try to get better quicker!
Firstly, I make sure I'm only eating ALL the good stuff. Not skimping on fruit/ veg/ good fats etc. Even though I may be feeling sick/ not wanting to eat ANYTHING, I know my body needs it- it is fighting a mighty battle and needs its fuel!
I also make sure I move the amount that makes me feel good. That generally means some light stretching in the morning and maybe a bit of walking around (in a nutshell- not much!) because once again, the body needs to rest!
Water intake sky rockets.
But really it's just rest, rest, rest that is the most important thing and its taken me a while to come to terms with this (boy do I have some hideous memories of trying to push through a run with a hearty cough and pounding head)
And finally, here's a meal I enjoyed on my first day of feeling like death:
So that's me on a sick day (/week)!
What about you:
What's your initial response to the first sign of a cold?
Best natural remedies (i.e. favourite cold food :)?
Ever put frozen orange in a smoothie?
Want to know what everyone else is thinking about this lovely Thursday? Head on over to Spoons! That's it from me today guys, have yourself an awesome day!! Bye! :D