Saturday 12 December 2015

PB2 and lovely links

Happy Sunday friendly friends!I hope you're all having a tremendous weekend so far (maybe getting some Christmas shopping done? I still need to start...)

Anywho, we don't need that kind of stress to think about on a day as relaxing as Sunday. No, instead we should be thinking about the really good stuff in life.

Like friends.

Family.

and FOOOD!

So when I was out grocery shopping yesterday I came across something that I had once again only seen on American blogs/ vlogs etc.

PB 2 ! I got kind of excited and spent all $11 (quite pricey!) on it to have my very own tester of the dried peanut spread creation.

So as to the directions I stirred 1 tablespoon of water with 2 tablespoons of PB 2, of course  quickly realised that i eat way more PB than that, added a bit more PB 2 and water and gave it a little try! Now I usually buy all natural peanut butter with no added salt or sugar and PB 2 actually has a little bit of salt and sugar in it, so the flavour was definitely a lot stronger and different to what I was used to, but I was pleasantly surprised how much it looked like PB and the identical texture it created when mixed with water!

I decided to top my breakfast of orange creamsicle oats (made with steel cut oats) with it (with some extra regualr PB dolloped throughout just for safe measure ;)
Yep, that's the dried stuff right there:
It was definitely a lot sweeter than I was used to and maybe a bit more peanutty? (I think maybe the salt brought that flavour out/ it was more concentrated in flavour having being dried/ sucked of moisture)
But I guess in the end, all natural, creamy, crunchy, honest to goodness peanut butter will always have my heart.
Because really- nothing can compare to that :)
And now, as it is Sunday I have some fabulous links for you to check out from the week that was!

Food:

Vegan Rustic Vegetable Spiral Tart

Creamy Beet Pasta With Beet Green Pesto

Apple Walnut Quinoa

Chocolate Peppermint Silk Brownie Bars


Warm Salad with a Creamy Blueberry Dressing

Fitness:

10 Things People Who Exercise All the Time Know to Be True



The 17 Best Foods to Eat after Exercising

Health:

Q&A Friday: Is orthorexia an eating disorder

Unhealthy Eating Habits To Ditch


Good Reads:


23 Incredibly Disrespectful Things People Did To Food In 2015

What Does Your Favourite Smartie Colour Say About You?



I hope you found some good reads in there as  know I sure did! It always amazes me the sheer number of brilliant posts posted each and every week! Makes me very happy!! Enjoy the rest of your day, do something yo love and eat something delicious!! Bye for now! :D

4 comments:

  1. Steph, you need to get 'peanut flour'- it's cheaper than PB2 and has no sugar or salt so you add it yourself. I add it into peanut butter stuff, smoothies etc to enhance the flavours- You'll love it! (but it will never replace normal peanut butter haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arman,
      See, this is why I keep you around! :P
      But really- that's such a great idea- that's basically what PB 2 is anyway!!
      Thanks so much!
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Athletic avocado,
      There really is no contest is there?!
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...