Tuesday 29 December 2015

WIAW #85 Summer eats edition!!

Hello, hello friendly friends!

Happy Wednesday and more importantly... happy What I Ate Wednesday! A day when bloggers of the world unite to share and drool over a full day of eats and most likely become quite a bit hungry along the way!
Thanks as always to Peas and Crayons for creating this link and the various bloggers who host the link-ups!!

Now, onto the FOOOOD!

Breakfast: 7:30am
Breakfast was accompanied with the warm Summer sunshine and heat after quite a sweaty 45 minute run (trust me- it. was. hot!):
 Involving a lovely refreshing and hydrating creamy cherry smoothie (with some spinach and frozen zucchini added in there for extra veg and volume!) and some peanut butter granola on the side, because I'm a weirdo! ;P

May or may not have filled my smoothie jar up a little too much prior to sitting in the freezer to thicken for around 15 mins:
 Super refreshing, tasty and exactly what I needed to refuel after my run!

 Happy, happy days!
 P.S. The granola was still warm :)



Lunch: 12:30pm
I was a little peckish come lunch time so I chopped up half a white potato and half a medium white sweet potato, drizzled in olive oil and roasted in the oven for 40 mins at 180 degrees celsius.
 I also chopped up some raw veg sticks to dip into some mashed avocado with lime juice:
 And a HUUGEE bowl of popcorn on the side (and that wasn't even all of it!)

Snack: 3:50pm
Fruit was on the brain come afternoon and my beautifully ripe and gorgeously sweet watermelon was calling to me from the fridge..
 So I chopped some up, along with a small pink lady apple and a handful of red grapes:
 So good!
Dinner: 6:35pm
Dinner featured some quinoa pasta with sauteed veg (eggplant, mushrooms, onion, garlic, peas, spinach etc.) with some lentils, mixed beans, tinned tomatoes and nutritional yeast:

 Not the most appetising looking meal, but mighty tasty!!
 And totally hit the spot- was not hungry after this big bowl!!
 Then I was done for the day!

All in all, a wonderfully delicious day filled with many good eats, delicious foods and a happy stomach!

Your turn:
What was the best thing you ate this fine Wednesday?
Favourite post sweat session food/ meal?
Pasta- tomato-y/ sauce-y/ creamy? I'm much more of a fan of tomato/ pesto/ other sauce based pastas... creamy ones just never really appealed/ appeal to me (unless of course it's creamy avocado pasta!)

That's it from me today folks, I hope you all have a lovely day, do something you love and eat something delicious!! Bye for now! :D

2 comments:

  1. Yum...to everything!!! I love granola and having it on the side is not strange to me at all:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith,
      Yay! I'm glad I've found someone else who would do this!!
      Have a great day :)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...