Sunday 20 December 2015

The Things I Love Love Love!!

Happy Monday friendly friends!!

We're getting closer and closer to Christmas and are probably well under way with many celebratory dinners/ lunches/ catchups/ parties and just having fun!

And yet it seems that almost  every website I love to follow and frequent often (healthy living/ food blogs/ fitness etc.) are all centralised around one main topic at this present time; How to keep healthy/ maintain weight/ reduce kilojoules in this holiday season.
(finally learnt how to screen shot on a desktop!)
Now I'm not going to go off on a long rant about how the festive holidays and all the delicious treats and changes to normal routine only comes around once a year and should therefore be savoured and enjoyed, not stressed over and planned around to ensure you don't gain a single gram of weight!
Nope, I'm not going to go into that because I believe you are all smart enough to know that already and are instead focusing on the things (people and/ or food ;) you love these holidays! And so I am going to do the same!! :)

First of all, I love food. Food is healing, replenishing, rejuvenating, energising, tasty and down right happiness inducing. So these holidays I'm going to enjoy my food!

I love thick, chocolate smoothies:
 That require a GREAT amount of slurping energy to drink and also a spoon if required:
 I love bread and 'cheese' that doesn't give me a stomach ache (thankyou hommus, nutritional yeast and water) and tomato and combining them to make an old childhood favourite:
 Grilled cheese and tomato :)
 The crusty bit of my home-made wholemeal spelt bread topped with some vegan cheese, tomato slices and more vegan cheese:
 Popped under the grill at 180 degrees for 5-10mins until golden brown :)
 I also love my minions plate..

 I love super huge sandwiches filled with a rainbow of veggies:
 Hommus, veggie patty, spinach, grated carrot and beetroot, tomato, capsicum and avocado:
 And no, that is not a cucumber in the background, that would be my foam roller :P I was tricked for a second there too!!
 I love chocolate... especially for breakfast:


 And I especially love warm, gooey oats with nut butter swirled throughout:

 I love, love, love roasted white sweet potato:

 As well as a big plate of ALL the roasted veg:
 And nothing can beat a cool refreshing smoothie bowl, topped with slightly warm, crunchy granola:

 And that's just the food!!
I love my friends, family, being together, watching corny holiday movies, baking, playing games, laughing, talking, soaking up the sun (Aussie Summer), the beach:
 I also forget how lucky I am to have a gorgeous white sandy beach at my backyard..
 And it truly fills me with so much joy to simply walk along the sand and just be.


Wow, that got a little lengthier than intended!

Your turn:
What do you love most about the holidays?
Best thing you ate this week?

I hope you all have a lovely day, be with those you love and as always; eat something delicious!! Bye for now friends! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...