Tuesday 22 December 2015

WIAW #84 Random, ridiculosuly easy meals! :D

Hidy-ho-ho-ho friendly friends!!

Christmas is getting lcoer and I'm getting excited!!

But before I get too excited, let's get back to basics with our favourite link-up of the week- What I Ate Wednesday! WIAW is a no judgement link-up for bloggers alike who wish to share a full days of unedited eating and drool over everyone else's delicious eats! Thanks to Peas and Crayons for creating this awesome link-up!!

Now onto the eats! (This selection of meals come from Monday)


Breakfast: 8:00am

I have a driving test coming up at the end of January so these past few mornings my gracious mother and I have been heading out in my little Micra (named Cherry) and spending a good hour mainly parking and driving around the quiet, barely awake streets.

When I get home from all this driving practice- I am famished!
A huuuge mug of cherry cheesecake oats with peanut butter and mixed nut butter in the middle:
All I did was simply pour into a saucepan some rolled oats, chia seeds, 1 thinly sliced banana, handful of frozen cherries and enough almond milk to cover (plus a little water), cook on medium heat until liquid is absorbed (stirring occasionally to prevent bottom-of-pan stickage), leave to cool slightly, then stir in a dollop of greek yoghurt.
Creamy, sweet, cherrrrriiieeeessss!
What more could a girl ask for??
Nom.

Lunch: 12:15pm
Recently I've been in a hangry phase. I'm always ridiculously hungry. So come 11:45am I was ravenous, so decided to start on lunch whilst crunching on a carrot.
Lunch was super simple and super tasty:
2 fried eggs atop some tomato slices with a side of oven-baked potato fried and a bowl of air popped popcorn:
Lots of air popped popcorn :)
Snack: 3:30pm
Ridiculously hungry once again and a bowl of delicious fruit to the rescue!!
1 cut up delightfully crunchy pear with some beautifully ripe watermelon and black grapes :)
Definitely hit the spot!

Dinner: 6:45pm
For some reason I was still starving come dinner time so I boiled up some high protein pasta, oven baked some eggplant, zucchini, cauliflower, mushrooms and capsicum, wilted some kale in the boiling pasta water and drained some four beans and lentils to add to the bowl along with a few spoons of hommus and nutritional yeast for creamy cheesey-ness factor:
Can you believe I was still hungry after that!? I had a glass of soy milk to quieten the belly and then I was done for the day!!

What about you:
Any funny driving test stories?
Favourite way to eat cherries? I think my ultimaste love of cherries is in a great, big, creamy smoothie!
Foods that curb the hunger bug? For me it's soy milk. Or dark chocolate :)

I hope you all have a fabulous day, that you're all set for Christmas and that you spend lots of time with those i your life you care most about! Bye for now! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...