Tuesday 1 March 2016

Sprialling Out Of Control!

I don't usually have many wants for lots of material objects.
My wants are mainly experiences, fun times, things money can't buy, because that is what means the most to me.

But.

There is one thing I have wanted for a very long time.

I always want kabocha. Spaghetti squash. And whatever other new fandangle nut butter I see popping up on all the American blogs. Those things are sometimes a little out of reach here in Aus (unless I track them down in some far off supermarket and pay mega bucks!), however there is one things that exists both in Australia and America that I have dreamed about owning. (I will be the first to admit that the majority of my happy dreams involve food in some way or another!!)

Yep, one of the things that I have set my heart on owning (you know my top want was the Vitamix!!) is my very own vegetable spiralizer!

And you know what turned up, wrapped in pretty paper, for my birthday this year??

You guessed it!
Hey there, sexy spiralizer!

So, with this guy hanging out in my fridge screaming to be used up...
I scoured the web for a delicious looking zucchini noodle recipe to create lunch for that day and came up with this delightful recipe from Oh My Veggies.

Step 1. Roast up some cherry tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil and dried herbs:
I then toasted up some pine nuts, mixed together the dressing (lemon juice, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, garlic) and finally it was time to SPIRALIZE!
I chopped the zucchini in half and set to work spinning on my magical food wheel:
Et voila! Perfect zucchini noodles fit for any pasta dish!

And also a very strange remaining part of zucchini:
If I'm ever in need of a toadstool looking vegetable for a project of some kind, I know what to do!
Cherry tomatoes roasted:
Add to my 'noodles' with the pine nuts and lemon, garlic dressing:
And deliciousness awaited:
In the sun the light green of the zucchini got lost a bit in the pics, but I'm sure you still get the vibe and feel of the freshness and tastiness of this dish:
So light, flavourful and exactly what I was feeling for lunch!

Twirl it up:

And nom it down!

I can't wait to throw all the veg into the spiraliser and make up some random yet utterly delicious 'pasta' dishes!! I'm thinking sweet potato noodles are a must next!

Your turn:
What is one thing you absolutely want right now?
Do you own a spiralizer?
Favourite veg to spiralize?


I hope you all have a fantastic day, be kind to your body, do the things you love, be with those you love and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friendly friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...