Sunday 6 March 2016

The Coconut Granola Bowl Recreation!

I had a craving.

'Hi Steph.'- but no you don't understand, this wasn't just a simple craving for chocolates or lollies, or in my case potatoes.

No, this was a craving for a specific dish I've enjoyed on a couple of occasions in the past few months that I woke up one day and just knew I had to re-create.

What is this magical dish you ask? Why it is the House Paleo Muesli from Voyage Kitchen (an awesomely urban/ hipster joint with funky meal options and awesome vegan/ paleo/ gluten free etc. options too!)

So I woke up with the purpose of producing a deliciously fruity, nutty, coconutt-y granola (set in the freezer) on top of some dollops of plain greek yoghurt, banana slices scattered throughout with a side saucer of almond milk to drizzle on top (just like they give you at the restaurant!)

And so I did.

Steph's Raw Coconut Granola Bowl!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
Small handful chopped, mixed, dried fruit
Small handful chopped, mixed, raw nuts
1 heaped tablespoon coconut butter (tutorial here/ can be  bought at certain supermarkets)
1/4 cup almond milk/ other milk of choice
Optional- cinnamon (recommend!)
1 sliced banana
1 cup greek yoghurt/ yoghurt of choice- non-dairy etc.
Extra almond milk to serve

Method:
1. Line a plate with baking paper.
2. Place coconut butter and 1/4 cup almond milk in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds (making sure it doesn't boil over- alternately heat on stove until warmed and combined)
3. Combine oats, nuts, dried fruits and cinnamon in a bowl and add warm/ hot coconut micture to bowl. Stir to combine
4. Scatter onto plate and pop in freezer for at least 15 minutes to chill and set.
5. Retrieve yoghurt and banana
6. Dollop in yoghurt to bottom of bowl, follow with some delicious granola, banana slices, granola, banana slices etc. Until you get a pretty bowl of absolute deliciousness!
7. Pour over some almond milk and enjoy!
This was without a doubt one of the tastiest brekky's I've had in a long while and truly hit. the. spot in terms of my craving for Voyage's House Paleo Muesli!
Natural sweet, delightfully coconut-y and filling to boot! This is truly a breakfast of champions that does not taste like it is healthy!!
But being filled with all the fibre, nutrients and minerals of wholegrain oats, dired fruits, nuts, coconut, natural yoghurt and banana- where can you go wrong?
I enjoyed this breakfast thoroughly and would highly recommend trying it out if you're after a home-made restaurant style brekky that truly satisfies (without needing to contain eggs, bacon and sausages!)
Sometimes the lighter option turns out to be the most filling, nutritious and delicious meal of them all (especially with a few tweaks from Steph's muesli recipe!)

Grab your bowl, grab a spoon and dig in! (Or else I'll just have to do it for you!!)
Yum.


Your turn:
What's one dish you could really go for right now from a restaurant?
Do you ever try to re-create your favourite restaurant/ cafe meals at home?
Sweet or savoury breakfasts? I think I have and always will be a sweet brekky person. I have tried savoury brekky's in the past but they just don't do it for me. I guess I'm a desserts first kind of person! ;)

I hope you all have a lovely day/ week, smile lots and... eat something dlicious!! Bye for now friendly friends!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...