Saturday 16 April 2016

Minty Green :)

Hello there friendly friends!! And good morning!/afternoon!/evening!!

I hope you're ready for this post.

I hope you're ready to get your socks blown off.

And I hope it's not too cold wherever you are because then you wouldn't be too pleased with having your socks blown off..

Anywho, that's not the point.

The point is I have just created a breakfast that enables you to enjoy the extremely delicious, creamy, smooth, mouth-watering flavours of mint green ice cream with a crunchy, fudgey, chewy peanut butter granola to top it all off with. For breakfast. No I am not kidding.

Presenting to you the utlimate breakfast in deliciousness: The Creamy, dreamy mint ice cream and granola bowl:
I was never a real big fan of mint as a kid growing up. My mum's favourite ice cream flavour was mint choc chip so I always had a little try of hers when we went out for ice cream but almost always fell back on my own favourite- extremely artificial and fake, awesomely rainbow-swirled bubblegum ice cream! (which did in fact mature into cookies and cream later on).
However anything with mint in it just confused me I think. Like, why did I feel like I'd brushed my teeth after eating icecream? Alas, once again, the growing-up-ness of growing up effected my stance on mint ice cream (as it has with mannnny other things like pasta bakes, avocado, mushrooms, olives etc.) and from my most recent trip to the grocery store and an impulse buy of fresh mint, I knew this was something I had to re-create!
And so I did.
This recipe couldn't be simpler guys and is simply:

Ingredients:
2 medium chopped frozen bananas
1/2 chopped frozen avocado
3-4 fresh mint leaves
1 handful of spinach

Method:
1. Pop everything in a food processor/ high speed blender (handy Vitamix to the rescue!!) and whaz until smooth and creamy dreamy!!
2. Transfer to a bowl and pop in the freezer to harden up slightly whilst making the granola!
The granola was simply:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon oat bran
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 handful low-sugar wholegrain cheerios (or other cereal of choice)
1 large tablespoon peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/3 cup almond milk

Method:
1.Turn on oven to 180 degrees celsius, line a tray with baking paper
2. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Place nut butter and milk in a small bowl and microwave until warmed through
4. Add to dry mix, stir until combined (add more almond milk if too dry)
5. Place on tray and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown and crunchy on the outside- leave to cool slightly
Et Voila!!
A beautifully sweet, minty ice cream with warm, freshly made granola... can you have a better start to a day??
100% natural, vegan, high plant protein, veggies to boot (that I assure you, you will not taste!) and the delicious taste of mint ice cream to leave you daydreaming about for the rest of the day week :P.
Happy, happy days!

Your turn:
Favourite ice cream flavour as a child?
Favourite ice cream flavour now?
Favourite way to use mint in cooking? What should I try next!!?? I was thinking choc mint oats?? Let me know! :D

I hope you all have a ripper of a day, do something you love and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS (and maybe minty and smooth??)! Bye for now friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...