Not gonna lie- I think I could probably write two separate posts on both Why I Love To Exercise and Why I Love To Exercise In The Morning... because I have so many reasons for each and once Steph gets rambling...
Hidy ho folks, I hope you're all having a fantastic week so far and are roaring through all your daily activities and jobs with a nice balance of fun stuff and treats for yourself to go with!
Today I wanted to specifically talk about my love of exercising in the morning. Being a morning exerciser. Rising before the rise of the sun to sweat it out!
1. I get my exercise done!
I don't know about you or what your experience was in year 12, but after a day of school, filled with the prospect of diving into a mountainous pile of homework and study... I could very easily make excuses not to exercise and lower it's priority in my day if I left it to the afternoon.
It sounds a bit ridiculous but it's true. Exercising in the morning means I actually get my workout in! This is so important and means I will reap the rewards of exercise- endorphins, positivity, motivation in my day to day life, strong, healthy heart etc. etc.
2. It gives me a sense of accomplishment early on in the day which keeps me motivated to get more stuff done because I've got the feeling that I'm being productive and achieving things.
3. I also feel great literally, as for those endorphins I mentioned earlier. I feel more awake, focused and energised (well, as much as one can be learning about Australia's terms of trade and calculus) which can only be a positive for my schooling in my eyes!!
4. Have you ever heard that saying; 'Exercise in the morning, before you're brain figures out what you're doing.' Obviously this is just a bit of a laugh, but there is some truth to that in the sense that it does feel a little less strenuous/ tiring to me because I am still slightly in my sleep phase (especially for a very early 5am run!) and I find that if I'm a lot more awake at 5pm then I feel every muscle crying out with pain and fatigue whilst I try for my second squat of the day.
5. The sense of extreme peace and freedom felt when exercising before anyone in the whole entire world even seems to be stirring (yep, let's go with it :P) is quite the majestic experience. Running in the darkness of dawn is unreal and I think everyone needs to experience it at least once in their life!
6. It keeps my appetite and metabolism roaring all day and I feel hunger and satiety which means my body is functioning healthily and energy is being burned to fuel my beautiful machine of a body. Hunger doesn't scare me because I know it's my body yelling for food to refuel after an awesome workout.
7. Finally, does breakfast ever taste as good as it does after a heavy workout sesh? No way. I can't tell you how good peanut butter on toast with a delicious, creamy, cold green smoothie tastes after running over 10km because I would simply start salivating and day dream off into breakfast heaven. That first meal of the day refueling your body from the fast of sleep and the energy burned woking out is the best meal of the day in my opinion!
So there you go- the MANY (and there's more, don't you worry!) reasons I love to exercise in the morning!
Are you a morning/ night exerciser?
Think you can change my mind as to why afternoon/ night workouts are better?
Favourite breakfast to eat after an AWESOME workout?
I hope you all have a lovely rest of your day, whether your sweating it out later on or simply pulling on some bed socks and watching a good ol' TV show curled up on the sofa like me- enjoy it!! Oh and EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now friends ;D .