Monday 14 December 2015

Freezing in the Summer!

Hello, hello everyone!

First and most importantly... have you realised yet that Christmas is next week!?! WHAT!! I only sort of "realised" yesterday when my sister told me. Next week. Wow.
Luckily for me I got all my Christmas shopping (and also bought a whole new bed spread/ pillow mix for my room as well!) done yesterday, so I'm all set and ready to go and can simply focus my energy on what stunning dessert to create this year!

Now, secondly- onto the post!

Funny title, huh? Well, I promise you that the 30 degrees celsius plus days have not in fact left me freezing at all. What I'm referring to is taking advantage of the freezer (the considerably cooler box-y thing right by the fridge;) by freezer all manner of items.

I have this theory you see. I believe that freezing almost anything (there are some exceptions) takes that particular foods awesome-ness to a whole new level.

Exhibit A: Cream

Exhibit B: Frozen grapes

Exhibit C: Frozen banana

Exhibit D: Yoghurt
And that list goes on and on (you all already know my indisputable love for frozen peas)
 So it comes as no surprise that my freezer (well my designated shelf on the freezer) is chock-ablock full of food! This ranges from bread (both homemade and bought) to rolls, to various cut up fruits (think rockmelon, mango, honey dew, cherries, berries etc.) to veggies (beans, peas, corn, avocado, zucchini, spinach) to pre-prepared dinners, veggie patties, tofu and more!

I also love how I can prepare a delicious breakfast the night before, freeze it and enjoy something insanely delicious the next day with little to no preparation. For example this raw, high protein, filled-with-fibre, choc fudge brownie bar:
 Into a processor went 1/2 cup rolled oats, 2 tablespoons oat bran, 4 dates, 1 scoop choc protein powder, 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, a dash of cinnamon, 1 super large scoop of peanut butter :) and enough almond milk to make a sticky glob :)

Then pressed down into a mini loaf tin lined with baking paper and popped in the freezer to freeze overnight!
 Popped out and wrapped in foil making an easy grab-and-go breakfast for a super busy day starting at 5:30am (where I had some fruit and yoghurt) and inhaled this glorious bar at around 9:15am for second breakfast!
 Seriously, it may not look like much, but this guy tasted goooood!

 Then I must have caught the freezing bug because when I came home from grocery shopping the other day I had these two fabulous guys:
 That needed to be cut up and stored away somewhere that would both prolong their life span and also raise their glorious tastiness that much more!
 By the way, that was one of the best tasting rock melons I've ever had!!
 Leftover halves were simply wrapped in glad wrap to be enjoyed fresh during the week!
 Scoop, cut, wrap, done!

 And then I realised I had a heck of a lot more perfectly ripe produce that needed freezing (think apricots, bananas, avocado, mango etc.) and this was the after math:
 Felt quite accomplished!

What about you:
Are you also of the freezer?
Favourite fruit/ veg to freeze?
Ultimate freezing hack you swear by?

I hope you all have great rest of your day! Eat something extremely delicious and I will be back next time with some more of the stuff we all love so dearly. FOOOD!! Bye for now friendly friends! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...