I thought I might mix it up a little this Wednesday and post an utterly delicious recipe instead of a full day of eats and I promise you will not be disappointed!
Behold: The Broccoli, Cauliflower and Qunioa Cheesey Bake:
Need more convincing? Of course you don't, you were sold on 'cheesey bake'!
Healthier Broccoli, Cauliflower and Quinoa Cheesey Bake
2 tablespoons diced onion
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard seeds
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup chopped broccoli
3/4 cup cooked quinoa (cook as to packet directions)
1/2 cup canned cannelini beans, drained and rinsed (or beans of choice- red kidney, butter beans, garbanzo, chickpeas etc.)
2 tablespoons canned lentils, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast mixed with 1/2 cup water
Handful of spinach
Sprinkling of cheese (either traditional grated cheese, light grated cheese, vegan cheese, lactose free cheese etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Place the onion and garlic in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and saute for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the mustard seeds and about 1/3 cup water to de-glaze the pan before adding in the broccoli and cauliflower:
2. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes until the veggies are tender (continually adding water to prevent sticking and creating steam- trying to keep it fairly dry throughout though; we don't want a soup!)
3. Add the spinach and cook for a further minute before adding in the beans, lentils and quinoa:
5. Place in the oven and bake for a furhter 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top:
6. Leave to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to bowl and enjoy!
Warm, gooey, flavourful and delicious- this is comfort food at it's finest!
Are you a fan of Cauliflower cheese? I hated it as a kid and now I love it!? Typical!
Cauliflower or broccoli? Or both? Cauliflower used to be on my list of veggies I don't like but in recent times I've learned to love the overlooked veg :)
Favourite type of grated cheese?
I hope you all have a splendid Wednesday, do something you enjoy doing, try and spend time with those you love- show them how special they are to you, and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS (probably this tray bake :) ) Bye for now friendly friends!! :D