Wednesday 13 April 2016

Raw Avocado Fudge Brownies (For Breakfast!)

Ok guy, let's just take a moment.
 .
..
...
Ok. That was a good moment.

Sometimes me just need a few seconds to catch our breath, lower our heart rate and bring our focus and attention back into the real world so we can accomplish more and be more efficient in what we do. You feeling me? No? Ok, well I needed that minute then. Because my heart was a racing. My mind was elsewhere in the clouds. My attentionw as subdivided between this post and something else.

Something chocolate-y.

Something fudge-y.

Something out-of-this-world delicious.

Oh, and it was also this morning's breakfast :P!

Prepare yourself people because below holds the ingredients and method of how to create the ultimate Raw Vegan Choc Avocado Protein Fudge Brownie Bites
And if that's too much of a mouthful than just know that these are CHOC FUDGE BROWNIE BITES and they are incredible!
I always seem to be hearing/ watching/ seeing pics of all things choc avocado- mousse, brownies, cakes, smoothies etc. (heck I even make a mean, green choc avo smoothie on the regular!) and yet I've never gotten around to trialing some of my own brownies/ cakes using avo- was I too scared? Cynical, perhaps? Whatever the case I was missing out!! But for no more!! Now I've tasted avocado choc brownies and I'm never going back!
Super simple to make, all you need is a blender and a few mins in the morning and BOOM- an awesome breakfast that should be considered a decadent dessert before your awaiting belly!
Gooey, fudgey, chocolatey... and this recipe makes quite a few so you can enjoy MANY choc fudge brownies instead of the typical single serving of regular brownies- WIN!
Ok enough talking and picture tempting... onto the recipe!!
Raw Vegan Choc Avocado Protein Fudge Brownie Bites
Ingredients:
1/2 an avocado
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 scoop choc protein powder
1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
2 dates
1 tablespoon nut butter of choice (I used a mixed nut butter)
1 tablespoon water

Method:
1. Place all the ingredients into a food processor/ high-speed blender (helloooo vitamix!!) and blend until combined and smooth!
2. Spoon out tablespoon sized balls and form into brownie bite squares
3. Pop on a plate lined with baking paper and place in the freezer for around 30 mins to cool and harden slightly-There should be at least one spoon leftover in the blender to 'taste-test' after you've made your brownie bites :P.
4. Meanwhile you could make a fro-yo on the side- mine was 1 chopped, frozen banana whazzed up with some greek yoghurt- but any frozen fruit will work too! Pop in freezer to set to.)
5. Longest 30 mins of your life over and EAATT!!
And let the happiness begin!
This was exactly what I needed after a pretty intense,sweaty, HIIT sesh and I don't know if it was the tough workout, or the fact that I've been working quite few hours at my job over these holidays, or the fact that I'm in year 12 and life is going so fast, or - most likely- the fact that I hadn't eaten for around 12 hours since dinner- I nearly cried at how good these tasted!
Do yourself a favour and whip up a batch of these incredible bad boys and I promise you, you will not be disappointed..
Something that tastes like it should be a one bite treat that is actually a 6+ bite treat that can be njoyed for breakfast is one of those times when the world really is on your side!
Healthy eating tastes boring? I BEG to differ :)
Now excuse me whilst I return to my land of daydreaming about endless supplies of avocado fudge brownies :) :) My happy place.
nom.

Your turn:
Have you ever made a dessert/ breakfast using avocado to make it smooth and creamy and decadent?
Favourite way to use avocado?
Favourite type of brownie? (baked/ raw vegan I hope- for raw eggs sake, blondies, nut ones etc.)

Alrighty- so that's me done for today- I hope you enjoyed this post and I seriously hope you all give this one a go because your life will literally be changed forever- and your breakfasts will be sooo good! Now, off to do some more study! Love holidays :P. EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS and I will see you next time!! Bye for now! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...