Wednesday 27 July 2016

My Kinda Cereal Bowl!

Hi there folks!

Hope you're all having a smashing day filled with smashing experiences and even more smashing food!

Gosh, the positivity in the air though!

Ok, I'll stop being the happy looney. Although, I mean, it's hard not to be when your breakfast turns out this good:
Alrighty, first let's back track a little to gain some perspective on this delicious bowl of cereal goodness.

So, recently I've really been into watching What I Eat In A Day's on YouTube and more specifically some of my favourite vegan channels What I Eat's and one of the channels I watch often always features the most delicious looking, large bowl of cereal for atlas one of her meals with all different cereals, fruits, nuts, soy/ almond milk etc. etc. It got to the point where I was physically salivating over my computer screen when she'd dig into her big bowl of sweet, crunchy, cold, milk-y bowl of goodness whilst talking to the camera.

I had had enough!

And so, come one ordinary (albeit cold- the winter this year is really killing me for some reason!) morning I manoeuvred my way into the kitchen, opened that beautiful pantry door, the door to the happiness of my life (food) and knew what I was going to create for breakfast.

A big bowl of crunchy, creamy, sweet, delicious cereal!
And make I did!

As it is hard to see by the layers I will go through the step by step layering process that was this extremely technically challenging dish :P.
Firstly there were around 3 generous scoops of creamy greek yoghurt. Following this I placed 2 wheet-bix on top of the yoghurt bed. Next up I sliced some banana coins on top followed by a few handfuls of raw muesli. Some more banana slices and then a drizzle of a peanut-y cinnamon-y sauce and prior to consuming; LOTS of unsweetened vanilla almond milk! NOM!
 Pouring the cold, vanilla almond milk on top to soak the muesli:
The sauce was simply around 1 tablespoon PB2, 1/2 teaspoon mama powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with some almond milk. definitely add some agave/ maple syrup if you're after a sweeter sauce, but I preferred the savoury note it added to the sweet muesli and banana.
Craving finally about to be satisfied, I dug into my big bowl of cereal (trust me, the bowl was huge, that's why it doesn't look like all that much! :P)
 After drowning it in almond milk of course:
 And it just Hit. The. Spot.
 I'm not going to lie, it didn't keep me as full as my regular breakfasts including a heck of a lot more fat/ substance (I learnt that cereal- even my kind- just can't keep me as satisfied as a bowl of warm oats!) but boy oh boy was it extremely delicious and satisfying to eat!
 I don't even remember the last time I had wheet-bix for breakfast. Although I do remember that I used to eat my two weet-bix(yep, just two- no banana, cereal, nut milk or peanut sauce) dry with a glass of milk to help wash them down!(and that wasn't even when I used to take dry weet-bix to school to eat for recess... strange child) Well, now I have definitely converted to the soggy weet-bix club!! And I don't think I'll be going back. :)
 The perfect bite ^^

And as you can see, it was ok:

So that was my literal story-time about my current life, sub-category; cereal. now over to you:

What was your favourite cereal to eat as a kid? Mine was most definitely Crunchy Nut Cornflakes- I would make the biggest bowl and eat ALL of it- there was probably soon much sugar in that cereal!!
What's your favourite cereal now?
Best breakfast you've had of late?

I hope you all have a lovely, lovey day, do something that makes you happier tomorrow and as always; EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS (cereal bowls count!!)! Bye for now friendly friends! :D

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know who you are watching on Youtube.
    I don't eat a lot of cereals, but in the past I did. My favorite brand was Kashi. And I love everything granola :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mademoiselle B,

      I love watching Bonny Rebecca on YouTube, as well as Happyandhealthy96, Slimliketim and Claire Mitchell (kind of obsessed with What I Eat In A Day's mainly!!)

      I'm the same; I used to eat cereal everyday as a kid but not so much anymore- guess the craving for my childhood came back!! I've heard of Kashi, but i think it's an American brand because I haven't seen it on Aus shelves!

      Thanks for your comment,
      Steph 2 chef :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I also watch Bonny and Stephanie on Youtube. Last time, I suggested you to watch Naturally Stefanie. Did you have time to take a look at her youtube channel?
      If you want to see beautiful videos of What I eat in a day of vegan food, go check Tess Begg.

      Have a nice day!

      Delete
    3. I will definitely check out Naturally Stefanie- and I follow Tess Begg on Instagram and by the looks of her food on their I'm sure her What I eat in a day's are amazing!!!

      Thanks for taking the time to recommend these channels! Much appreciated :)

      Have a great day too!
      Steph 2 chef :D

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...