Thursday 25 December 2014

A Very Aussie Christmas

Happy Christmas everyone! Just popping in for a quick hello (it is Christmas you know!) because blogging is something I love to do and you should do what you love everyday... especially on Christmas!!!

Now I know a lot of my readers are from different countries other than AUS, so I thought I'd share with you my very Aussie Christmas because just like all you lovely folk reading, it was unique!

Christmas Eve featured a night of Christmas carol watching (and singing! :) and then popping in Miracle On 34th Street (a Christmas tradition in our house hold) and then snuggling up into bed anxiously awaiting the on-coming day!

I woke up at 5:30 am thinking it was 6:30am, so jumped out of bed, got all excited and then glanced at the clock again and jumped back into bed and read some blogs for an hour- I was up, might as well do something ;)

Then I was truly up, sneaking a peak into our living room (it is very hard to hide a bike) and got another buzz when I saw my present (hint- it was a bike ;) I quickly threw together one of my absolute favourite breakfasts:
 A smoothie bowl!
Green mango smoothie:

Topped with home made almond butter granola:



annnnd stirred around:
Nom
 NOm
 NOM
As you can see by these pics, it was a beautiful sunny day and got to around 30 degrees Celsius( around 86 degrees Fahrenheit) and after breakfast we took full advantage of the summer sun and walked down to the beach as a family. Swimming and fun in the sun!

After that, back home, preparing Christmas lunch (I made these awesome Christmas tree napkins for the plates) and as soon as the grandparents arrived we got into the presents and then a beautiful Christmas lunch (mainly cold meats and salad- it's hot you know!) and finishing off with some desserts I whipped up for the fam :)
 A pavlova wreath topped with cream and yoghurt, thinly sliced mango and a strawberry sauce:

 And for the chocolate lovers of the family- a triple chocolate mousse cake:
 Unfortunately they weren't healthified or vegan or sugar free etc. But I don't bake to eat, I bake because I love it and I love to see the smiles on people eating my cooking :)
 I also thought this 'cake' looked awesome in the picture when I was looking for something to create.
Lunch was followed by some games and then we all crashed. Well everyone except me. I went on a glorious bike ride up the coast. It was awesome! I will definitely show pics of my bike in an upcoming post- it's one of those vintage/ retro ones in cream with brown seats and handle bars (now I just need a straw basket!)

What's for dinner? Not quite sure, I'll probably just throw a bunch of veggies together in a bowl and be quite content (isn't that what I do everyday?) But right now all I'm thinking about is how grateful I am to have my wonderful family and loved ones in my life, the blessed life I get to live, the fact that we can come together on this day, celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and be with the ones we love.

So I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, wherever you are and whatever you're doing- I hope it's a good one! :D

How about you?
What's a typical Christmas Eve/ Christmas tradition for you?
Christmas breakfast/ lunch or dinner? We generally have a family Christmas lunch.
Best Christmas present you've ever gotten? I think this bike is right up there for me!!

Bye for now friends and happiness and good wishes to you all! :D xo






2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too! I enjoyed seeing some of your Aussie Christmas traditions. The pavlova ring is especially unique and pretty. We had a very untraditional Christmas dinner this year, my parents and I. We had coconut baked shrimp, sweet sesame green beans, roasted carrots and mushrooms, and healthy cheddar bay biscuits (like the kind you get at Red Lobster restaurants). And I made a berry cobbler in a cast iron skillet for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your untraditional Christmas sounds great! Who cares about traditional things when you're with those you love :) I like the sound of that berry cobbler!
    Steph 2 chef x

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...