Sunday 14 December 2014

The Lunch Plate

So yesterday... once again... I couldn't decide what to have for lunch. I am so indecisive about what I'm feeling for lunches that more often than not I end up with a good friend of mine. The snack plate- a little bit of everything do no one's missing out!
I first got the idea when I saw Amanda's snack plate creations for her lunches and was immediately intrigued.
Thus followed the multiple plates filled with random bits and bobs that I've been enjoying for many months.
Yesterday was no different.
This specific plate featured some pumpkin roasted in coconut oil, to absolute flaky perfection:
Some organic blue maize tortilla chips,
 
 Love these so much!
1/2 a pomegranate bashed with a spoon so I got all of it's arils out,
And best of all....
This bowl of cheesy brocolli, brussels, cauliflower and peas and corn!
It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment, make-up-on-the-spot recipe and was exactly what I was craving. It's super simple to make too!
Just steam up some broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower (for about 10 mins) then add in the peas and corn for about 1 min. Toss in a bowl. In a small bowl mix together 1 big tablespoon of hommus, 1 big tablespoon of nutritional yeast and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard with 1/2 tablespoon water and then mix with the veggies. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds (this sort of sets the 'cheese') and let it cool for about 15 mins- yumO!
I never really liked cheesy cauliflower/ broccoli dishes as a kid, but I guess this is just another example of my changing taste buds!

That was a really yummy and surprising outcome of a throw together bowl of food- love it when that happens!

Any-who, that's it from me today!

Do you ever have snack plates? A little bit of everything?
Do you like pomegranate seeds? My mum doesn't because she doesn't like the crunchy seed on the inside- can you believe it?
Do you like cheesy broccoli/ cauliflower dishes? Cheesy potato bake counts too- they all seem to taste the same to me :)

Bye for now friends- have a great Monday! Eat something yummy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...