Sunday 16 August 2015

So Much Fudge Love

Hello, hello friends!
Quick question:
Who loves fudge?

Ha-ha, silly question, you all do! (and if you don't... you do ;)

If you're here at Steph 2 chef on a consistent basis, you may have noticed I have a slight obsession with truffles. Of any kind.

Banana truffles:
 Lemon, blueberry and coconut truffles:
Even bright pink berry truffles:


 And whilst these truffles satisfy every craving I seem to have, this morning I needed something a little... FUDGIER!

See in all of my truffle recipes I use whole rolled oats and keep all of the other add-ins basically whole as well (nuts, dried furit etc.) but then my mind had a flash of a smooth, rich, creamy, dense bite of fudge and I knew this morning's truffle recipe was going to have a few minor adjustments.

I guess the adjustments turned out rather major because I believe the recipe I created is actually considered fudge!

Now, try to keep the drool in your mouth, if you will. ;)
 Today I created some super healthy, super protein packed and super super delicious fudge bites that you can have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, between snack-snacks, you name it, they're good for anything!!

Filled with the goodness of rolled oats (all whazzed up for that creamy, fudge texture), fiber and natural sweetness of dates, banana, raw cacao powder, super greens protein powder, coconut butter and cinnamon...

These do not taste healthy! And yet, you can still consume 6 large bites for brekky with no guilt AT ALL!
 In other words, go make these now! (wow I seem to be really bossy lately!)

Rich Chocolate Fudge Bites- High Protein and Vegan

Ingredients:
1/2 heaped cup oats
3/4 medium banana, chopped
4 pitted dates
1 scoop choc protein powder
1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 heaped tablespoon coconut butter
2 tablespoons almond milk

Method:
1. Place the oats, cacao and protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon and banana and dates in a small-medium food processor:
 2.Place the coconut butter and almond milk in a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds until melted and smooth:
 3. Add half the coconut mixture to the oat mix in the processor and process to combine (I needed to stop a few times to scrape down edges)
4.Add in the rest of the coconut butter and keep processing (and stopping and scarping) until the mixture turns smooth and fully combined(it may seem a little wet, but it will harden up in the freezer):
 5. Line a plate with baking paper and scoop out balls of the mixture.
6. Place on plate and pop plate in the freezer for around 15-20 minutes to firm up (or as long as you need)
 7. Remove from freezer and enjoy!!!
 There are seriously no words as to how awesome these guys taste, so do yourself a favour and make these. Especially for breakfast because then you an go to work/ school and brag to your peers about all the fudge you just ate ;) (They'll be sitting there envious, thinking about their toast/ cereal/ air they ate for brekky!)
 I ate mine alongside some greek yoghurt whazzed up with the remaining banana for some dipping and to cleanse my richly coated palate after each bit of fudge!
Happy days.

Your turn:
Do you like fudge? I actually do know quite a few people who can't handle it. Crazy.
What's your favourite type of fudge? I remember as a child absolutely devouring this white chocolate and MnM fudge my aunty made. The thought alone makes my teeth hurt!
What would make the ultimate truffle? I'm still convinced nothing beats lemon blueberry!


That's all from me today folks, I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy all the little things that would otherwise go unnoticed! Oh, and don't foget to eat something delicious!! Bye for now friends :D.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I also add roasted peanuts to mine for the extra crunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      You have mighty fine taste my friend!
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...