I hope your week has been traveling well so far and if it's been anything like mine; flying along so far! Where does time go??
Any who, that's not why I'm here today.
Nope, today I have a treat for youuuuu! Raise your hand if you like lasagne.
Raise your hand if you like fudge.
Ok, now lower both your hands down because you look quite strange with both your arms up in the air! ;)
You may remember me mentioning the hectic-ness of life returning with early morning athletics training and the rest of life as well, so today I thought I'd give you two recipes that I made over the weekend to make this week a little easier (and a lot more delicious!).
And yep, it's freezer friendly lasagne and fudge (not together, that would be a little too strange but good!)
First and foremost- to make a good lasagne, you need a good bolognaise sauce-type thing. This one just happens to be healthy and choc full of veggies too. Did I forget to mention the whole recipe is vegan? :)
1 handful diced onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 whole tomato chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
some cracked black pepper
3 button mushrooms, chopped
1/4 carrot, grated
3/4 cup lentils, drained and rinsed
3-4 slices eggplant (around 0.5cm thick)
3-4 slices capsicum
1 tablespoon tahini
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1. Into a saucepan throw in a handful of diced onion, 1/2 teaspoon garlic and 1 teaspoon of oil and cook on medium heat for few mins until softened and fragrant.
2. Add the tomato and mushrooms and cook until softened (you may want to add in 1/4 cup water at this stage)
3. Throw in the dried herbs, pepper and carrot along with 1/4 cup water (if previous water has evaporated) and cook until tomatoes fall apart (around 3-5 mins)
4. Add the lentils and grated carrot and stir to combine.
5. Cook on low for 5 minutes until most of water is absorbed (still want some), stirring occasionally (add more water if required)
8. Now layer up!
1st: some lentil bolognaise:
10. Remove from oven to cool:
AS WELL as some choc fudge bites! YES!!
1/3 heaped cup rolled oats
tablespoon oat bran
2 pitted dates
1-2 tablespoons peanut butter (I chose two :)
1 tablespoon choc protein powder
1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder
2 heaped tablespoons greek yoghurt
1.Place everything but the yoghurt into a small food processor and whaz until broken up into what resembles very fine bread crumbs
2. Place in a bowl, add the yoghurt and stir to combine:
3. Roll into ball and freeze in a container until required!
Give these a go if you're short on time during the working week and still want a taste sensation to bring a smile to your face in the midst of all the crazy! Have yourself a great day!! Bye for now friendly friends! :D