Saturday 15 February 2014

Stroke of GENIUS!



I like to say I'm pretty creative in the kitchen, but nothing could have prepared me for this...

A couple of days ago I made myself my favourite smoothie, except I had a massive frozen banana and used two medium sized mangoes... so I could not finish it (I know- me, really?) So instead I found these moulds:
And placed my remaining smoothie into one. I had no idea what I would do with it, only that I did not want to waste the amzingosity of my smoothie, so into the freezer it went.

Then I remembered my favourite ice cream ever:
A Golden Gaytime.
Which brings me to my breakfast this morning:
My banana mango ice cream, coated in coconut butter and muesli, with some oat-balls in the background, mixed with oat milk, blueberries, grapes and the remaining coconut butter. Best. Brekky. Ever.
To make: 
1. Make yourself a wonderful smoothie (use your favourite smoothie recipe- or mine)
2. Enjoy almost all your smoothie save enough to put in a mould.
3. Freeze:


4. Make oat-balls- you can use this recipe

5. Find some muesli- I used this:
6. Spoon out some coconut butter (maybe 1-2 tablespoons)
7. Working EXTREMELY fast, spread on coconut butter the press on a plate with muesli. If the coconut butter already set (like mine did) dip muesli in coconut and stick it on. Leave to set/ soften ice cream slightly.

8. Place oat-balls in a bowl, add any fruit you want ( I had blueberries and black grapes) add any remaining coconut butter and milk of choice.

9. Enjoy your 'out of this world!' Breakfast!

Mmmm, ice-cream for breakfast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...