Waffle Day (14th Feb) original called Valentines day for some reason, but now it is Waffle Day!
I did however give my waffles a valentines feel...
Chocolate/ Raspberry Valentines Waffles:
70g spelt flour
10g coconut flour
milk (about 1/2 a cup, keep adding to get a thick pancake consistency if required) I used oatmilk
1 Tablespoon raw cocoa
1 tablespoon frozen raspberries (or blueberries or strawberries or mixed berries)
1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons milk ( again I used oat milk)
1. Stir together the chia seeds and milk and sit for 5 mins.
2. Mix the flours together in a medium bowl with a whisk.
3. Place the chia gel in a small food processor and processor for about 30 seconds. Add to dry mix.
4. Whisk in milk and divide mixture into two bowls:
5. Add berries to one and cocoa to the other:
7. Oil iron well and place the raspberry mix on half and chocolate mix on the other. If making pancakes do the same in an oiled fry pan (half raspberry half chocolate, slightly overlapping each other.)
8. Cook until lightly golden and transfer to plate.
The apple in the background is cored and sliced, then spread with peanut butter and stacked... yummy!
I ate my true love :D