Monday 24 March 2014

A day in the life of my tummy!


'Yay, finally something other than breakfasts!' I hear the crowd joyfully shout! Haha, have no fear, another breakfast recipe is lined up for your viewing tomorrow.. or the next day... or whenever I get round to it- but have no fear, it's coming!

Any-who I thought it would be nice if you had a taster of the life of my tummy! :)
We started with a green smoothie jar:
 Made with:
1 frozen banana
1/2 avocado
2 tablespoons rolled oats
1 tablespoon LSA mix
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 BIG handfuls of spinach :D
some ice
1 tablespoon peanut butter
and a splash of  milk ( I used oat) - not too much, I like it thick!

Whaz up in blender... done!
The second reason I wanted it thick, was so I could top it with this:
Overnight oats (muesli soaked in milk (oat for me) over night, then I stirred in some delicious grapes and blueberries.. see:
Doesn't it look pretty- not for long.. mwahahaha!

Yum Yum!
Then the tummy was rewarded with lunch- even after that amazing brekky!
 A slice of multi-grain sourdough
Topped with hommus, steamed carrots and sweet potato, sauteed capsicum, tomato and mushrooms, spinach, bean balls and vegan cheese:
Pre-grilled:
Ready to be devoured:

After, my delicious brekky and my scrumptious lunch, I still rewarded my tum tum with an exquisite dinner ( yes I used a thesaurus, I ran out of describing words :)
 Cooked quinoa with roasted baby potatoes, pumpkin, parsnip, beetroot and tomatoes with spinach, baby cucumber, toasted seeds and pine nuts, cranberries and grilled corn= yum
So I think my tummy was pretty lucky yesterday and you should spoil yours too with a rainbow assortment of veggies and delicious whole grains and healthy fats- I'm sure your tummy will spoil you back!
Until next time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...