Lucky for you, those meals end up tasting pretty good too, so you get some new yummy recipes!
Dinner the other night featured...
Pasta! My kind of pasta!
100g dried wholemeal pasta- or as much as you want
chopped root veggies- whatever type and as much as you want ( I had pumpkin, beetroot, parsnip, sweet potato and regular potato. About 4 bits of each)
3/4 can tinned tomatoes (or more if you have lots of the first two ingredients)
2 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon pine nuts
2 tablespoons lentils
1 teaspoon Italian herbs mix ( or just oregano, basil etc)
BIG handful of spinach
1. Chop and steam veggies for about 20 mins
2. Cook pasta as to directions on packet ( usually around 8 minutes in boiling water) Drianing it a few minutes before al dente
3. Drain pasta, add tinned tomatoes, herbs, lentils and mushrooms and bring to simmer
4. Let sauce thicken ( If it has thickened, add some water) for about 5 mins
5. Add steamed veggies, pine nuts and spinach to saucepan and stir until spinach is wilted ( 1 min)
6. Pour into bowl- if you have leftovers, wait for it to cool then pop it in the fridge for lunch tomorrow- it's yummy
Of course I had to ditch my beloved bowl for a container- but it was still pretty much the same thing:
I've said it before- I'll say it again: leftovers make lunch out soooo much easier!
Now, just to finish this delicious post off, I'll leave you with the most delicious meal I had this past week:
Start with dry ingredients:
Then you add some milk- 3/4-1 cup depending on desired thickness- and make a big glob, by stirring vigorously when it starts to thicken:
I also had a little fruit salad with my leftover apple some grapes and blueberries:
Because the light was so bad ( hello winter, your right around the corner!) I let my mug of oats have a swing on the hanging hammock chair ( the only place there was light!)
Enjoy your weekend!