Hey friends! And happy weekend!!
Do you know what makes weekends even happier?
Starting them off with a super tasty, utterly delicious and 100% divine breakfast- that's what!
Now, you may or may not have gathered, judging from previous recipes of mine, that I'm a bit of a cheesecake fan. (here, here, here) No, I lie, actually. I'm a bit of a cheese fan. We won't go into the details of how much of a fan I was (picture bowls of grated cheese... and a happy Steph).
But you barely ever eat cheese now?- You say. And yes, you would be right, I don't eat much cheese as it doesn't always make my body sing with delight. Although, I definitely do not let myself go without the awesome-ness that is cheese-y flavour.
Exhibit A- My vegan cheese recipe.
So yes, cheesecake. I'm a fan. So I made the ultimate breakfast...
High Protein Choc Peanut Cheesecake! In a jar :)
1 large chopped, frozen banana
1/2 large chopped, frozen avocado
1/2 cup greek yoghurt (optional but definitely recommend for cheesecake flavour- alternatively sub in 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast and 1- 2 tablespoons of almond milk)
1 heaped tablespoon choc protein powder
1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder
3/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter/ nut butter of choice
2 tablespoons almond milk
1. Place the frozen banana, avocado, greek yoghurt, protein powder and raw cacao powder in a food processor/ blender and blend until smooth (may need to scrape down sides occasionally)
3. Meanwhile place the peanut butter/ nut butter in a small bowl with the almond milk and microwave for 20 seconds to warm slightly
4. Place the oats and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine
5. Stir in the peanut butter until a cookie-dough like mixture forms (if it's too dry add slightly more almond milk)
6. Start layering up your cheesecake!
Are you a cheese/cheesecake fan?
Favourite type of cheesecake?
If you could only choose between eating the base, or eating the actual cheesecake, what would you choose? I really like the base guys, so I migh actually pick that!! Always loved the crust of desserts :)
I hope you all have a fabulous rest of your weekend, hopefully you do something super fun- and at the very least eat something super delicious! Bye for now friendly friends!! :D