Sunday 19 April 2015

Brownies are a girl's bestfriend!

Brownies.
You either love them... or you love them.
In other words- best mistake the world ever made!
Of course, a traditional brownie consists of butter, sugar, chocolate, eggs, white flour etc. and comes out of the oven fudgy, moist (sorry!) and utterly delicious!

But what if I told you that I made something utterly delicious, moist and fudgy without any of the ingredients mentioned above. Yeh.
Even better? They're healthy enough for a super-nutritious, filling and satisfying breakfast.

Even better still? They taste sooooo good!

It must be your lucky day because I will share with you the recipe that you will need to try right away and then fill your mouth with the warm, fudgy essence of this delicious almost cookie/ almost cake creation!

High protein, sugar free, wheat free, super yummy:
Choc Fudge Brownies!

Ingredients:
3/4 rolled oats
2 tablespoons choc protein powder (or sub in 1 large tablespoon raw cacao powder)
1 teaspoon chia seeds
A small handful raw cacao nibs (feel free to throw in some choc chips instead if you want!)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons maca powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large tablespoon coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup greek yoghurt (sub in dairy free yoghurt if vegan)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a mini loaf pan with oil (I sprayed with extra virgin coconut oil)
2. Place oats in a small food processor and process until forming a fine flour:

 3. Place oat flour in a bowl and add in the protein powder/ cacao powder, cinnamon, chia seeds, baking powder and cacao nibs
 4. Stir to combine
 5. Add in the melted coconut oil and mix until mixture appears like bread crumbs:
 6. Stir in the yoghurt: The mixture might appear a little dry and not runny at all- but that's just because the cold yoghurt has started to set the coconut oil and will melt again in the oven
 7. Press mixture into pan: Warning do not eat the mixture before baking... it is too good!
 8. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 mins until golden on top and slightly hard
 9. Turn out onto wire tray to cool for a few mins:
 10. ENJOY!
While my brownie was baking I made a berry ice cream:
 Which was just 1 small frozen banana and a small handful of mixed berries whazzed in a food processor until smooth and creamy- popped in the freezer until ready to eat.

Breakfast is served!

 I'm not going to lie, I was very apprehensive when going about creating this brownie. I love, love love love love, brownies and I have crystal clear memories of what amazing brownies taste like (even though it's been well over a year since I've had one) so I knew in order for me to actually enjoy this particular brownie.. well it had to be pretty darn good!
 But you know I wouldn't be sharing it here on this blog if it wasn't!
 I already knew that adding sour cream/ yoghurts to cakes made them amazingly moist and fudgy and so knew I wanted to experiment with that in this recipe. I also knew the flavour and addition of coconut oil would only add to the richness and fudginess of this brownie.
 What I didn't know? That it would turn out better than I ever would have expected!
This brownie was beautifully dense, chocolatey and so... brownie-like that after my first bite I knew I had created something awesome!
 If it looks like it has a slight greenish tinge- just remember the protein powder I use- trust me, all I could taste was chocolate!
And happiness..
 Also- that berry ice cream was off-the-charts too!
 Ice cream and brownie, perfect!
 Yes, ok, I was surprised. I did not think it was going to taste this good and so I urge you all to try it out- you will not be disappointed!
 And if you're anything like me, you'll eat a few fork fulls and then slap yourself silly, because this is a brownie- you gotta pick it up and take a hearty bite to fully enjoy it!

 That's better!

Now I could ramble on for days about brownies (and I pretty much have already!) so I'm gonna wrap things up here!

What about you?
Are you a brownie fan? I like them because I'm not the biggest fan of cake or cookies, either too sponge-y, or too biscuit-y... so brownies are quite literally my perfect dessert!
Favourite type of brownie? Apparently there are a few!
Pick it up and eat it or use a fork?

So on this happy brownie high, I leave you to your Monday! Have a fabulous day, eat something delicious and take time to appreciate the little things! Bye friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...