Wednesday 29 April 2015

WIAW #54 A little strange... but definitely good!

Hello, hello! How's everyone's week been going so far? I hope it hasn't been too busy/ stressful (unless of course you thrive off a busy and stressful lifestyle... which I don't generally- although busy keeps me motivated... stressful keeps me collapsing in a heap on the ground!)

This week has been pretty ok. It was a long weekend for us here in AUS and so another short week of school! A positive for some... however when your teachers give you assessments the following week and you end up only seeing them twice this week, well it gets pretty stressful!

But I'm not here to talk about stress today! Oh no, we'll leave that fun post for another day ;). Instead let's talk about something 10,0000x more fun- FOOD!

Thanks as always to Peas and Crayons for this awesome link-up where we can make new friends and gain some meal inspiration!!

Hopping to it:

Breakfast: 7:00 am
These are some eats from the weekend, which started off with a short 6 km run on the treadmill. I have mixed feelings about the treadmill... see if I don't have anything to read or look at it is unquestionably one of the most boring things one can do in life- run on a treadmill not going anyhwere.
Thta's why I always have something to read- hello bloglovin!!
In short, I really do enjoy running on the treadmill because I get to catch up on all the blog posts I've missed ;)
I also very much enjoy eating breakfast afterwards. Especially oats!!
A big mug of delicious cinnamon banana steel cut oats with lots of peanut butter riddled thorughout!! When I sya lots, I mean lots ;)
Sufficiently satisfied... and happy


Lunch: 12:30 pm
After brekky I did a pile of homework, grocery shopping, driving practice, and stopped off at my grandparents as a result of driving practice- so by lunch, I was STARVING! With little time to come up with something that made sense....
Instead I went with something that sounded good- a torn up egg omelet with the best veggie sausages, steamed broccoli, brussels sprouts, peas, corn, spinach and salsa:
It did the trick!!

Snack: 4:00 pm
By 4 the tummy grumblings were back and I excitedly tried a fruit I've only ever tried once before and hated because I picked a really sour one!)
A persimmon! And this one was deliciously sweet and yummy!
Enjoyed with a mug of soy milk :)
Happy Steph
Dinner: 6:45 pm
Dinner was also extremely delicious (even though it may not look it :) with a big bowl of pesto veggie pasta to satisfy those pesto cravings:
Some quinoa penne pasta with steamed beetroot, pumpkin, swede, parsnip and carrot with some sauteed mushrooms and eggplant and some drained mixed beans, all stirred lovingly together with PESTO!!
Hit. The. Spot.

Aaaaaand that's what I ate on Saturday!

Your turn:
Do you like running on the treadmill?
Do you sometimes just throw random foods together because you know it will taste good but is kind of weird?
Favourite way to use pesto? I have yet to use it in a toasted sandwich, but I hear it is very good!

Hungry for more? Check out what everyone else is nom-ing on over at Peas and Crayons! Until next time...
Bye! :D

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I've had one bad persimmon experience and haven't touched it since. But I recently sampled an - at first - unknown and -labeled incredibly tasty fruit at a store and upon requiring was told it was indeed persimmon. Ergo: I'm on a mission to pick one up again soon.
    I'm not the hugest pasta fan but your dinner creation looks very good so I might just need to prepare a similar dish sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Polkadot,
      I seriously thought persimmons were the grossest/ sourest/ hardest to chew fruits in the world... and then when I got a good one it became one of my fav fruits!!
      Pasta and pesto... no haters! :D
      Steph 2 chef xx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...