Friday 13 February 2015

Friday foods- my favourites!

How's that title for alliteration? My literature teacher would be proud (maybe) ;)

It's Friday. I'm a human. Humans eat food. I've eaten some good food. Here it is!
(I am so good at intros aren't I?)

Currently if I had to choose my favourite breakfast it would involve a green smoothie:
 Green tropical kale smoothie with 2 toasted wholemeal crumpets with cashew butter and peanut butter
The reason isn't just for the awesome taste (seriously, that green smoothie is out-of-this-world delicious) but also the way I feel for the rest of the day after gulping it down!
1 chopped frozen banana+ 1 handful frozen green grapes + 2 big handfuls kale+ sprinkle of chia seeds+ LSA mix+ 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt+ half a squeezed orange and a dash of water- all whazzed up in a blender until smooth (I like to whaz for a while when I use kale because I find it to be more bitsy and harder to blend).

I have so much energy, my tummy feels happy and not weighed down (I sometimes feel a bit sluggish and uncomfortable after a big bowl of oats) and I generally feel clearer and fresh.
As usual- keeping the middle of the crumpets until last to get the perfect last bite with plenty of nut butter :).

Moving on from breakfast to the next meal of the day- lunch!
And another one of my favourites- the much-loved snack plate!
Snack plates are a favourite of mine whenever I have no idea what I want for lunch (generally every day) and I feel like a little bit of everything. Honestly, they're just a way for me to justify my weird eating habits. Habits very similar to that of a toddler :)

On this particular snack plate there was some guacamole (1/2 an avocado mashed with some chili and lemon juice) with some brown rice chips for dipping:
Some steamed brussels sprouts and brocoli with chili tofu:
And some of the best roasted pumpkin- sliced jap pumpkin roasted in coconut oil at 180 degrees celsius for about 25-30 mins:
So flaky and fudgey and delicious!
It was a bit lacking in the protein department so I was still a little hungry afterward, but I just chomped through a carrot and was all good!

I guess seeing as we've gone through my favourite breakfasts and lunches I should feature a favourite dinner:
 Roasted veggies. And some other things. But roasted veggies.
 I would totally just eat a bowl of roasted veg for every meal if I didn't have to take into account the other nutrients necessary for life (protein, carbs, raw veg, other foods etc.)
 So I decided to add to my perfect bowl of roasted potato, white sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin, swede and parsnip with some grilled tempeh and spinach:
Nom!

And... yeh! A little insight into some of my favourite types of meals from this past week (that I generally have over and over again in passed weeks and probably weeks to come!)

What about you?
Favourite breakfast/ lunch/ dinner?
Anyone else a little too obsessed with green smoothies?
Anyone else reckon they could live off roasted veg?

Have a great Friday everyone! And I will speak to ya later!! Bye!! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...