Friday 6 February 2015

How to survive a busy day!

Hello, hello friendly friends! I hope everyone is having a good day today, or a favourable, spanking, prime, superb, rad or any other positive word my thesaurus threw at me. :)

Whether your day is good, favourable, spanking.... yeh you got it, is it also a busy day? If so then this is the post for you! (If not then you will probably have a busy day in your life so this is also the post for you!)

Wednesday night I was just standing around, twiddling my thumbs, thinking about anything and everything, when I realised that Thursday (the day after Wednesday ;) was going to be a busy one.

To begin with, I wanted to fit in a run... and didn't want a rerun (pun not intended) of a few days ago. That meant no time to make breakfast/ lunch for school. I also had my first acrobatics class that night and wasn't sure how much homework I would receive at school (that Wednesday was crazy- every subject needed attention for some reason!) so I also wanted to make dinner too.

Yep, that Wednesday night I prepped Thursday Breakfast, lunch, dinner along with Wednesday's dinner- coz, you know, I needed dinner that night too :).

This is what resulted:
Roasted veggies for lunch (potato, sweet potato and parsnip), 2 small quiches for dinner and a big bowl of overnight protein oats for breakfast:
I love, love, love cold roasted veg (especially potatoes) and take them to school way too often!
Also, these quiches were amazing!!
Eggs, quinoa, veggies, garlic, ginger, yum, yum, yum :)
Into a bowl went chopped capsicum, tomato, zucchini, eggplant, celery, red onion, mixed quinoa, garlic, ginger and nutritional yeast:
Then 2 whisked eggs stirred in and added to two greased ramekins:
Baked in the oven (180 degrees celsius) for 20-30 mins, until the egg is set. Turned out of the ramekin, left to cool and then placed in a container in the fridge.
Too easy!
This is what lunch turned out to be:
The prepped cold roasted veg with some kumara bean ball thingoes (frozen at the grocery store- good ingredient list!), kale and spinach... then I thought it needed some hommus to top it off:

This is what breakfast turned out to be:
The protein overnight oats- muesli, yoghurt, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla protein powder and almond milk- topped with a sliced banana and almond butter:
So good- perfect after a run!
Spoon shot:
And dinner was just so quick handy and easy!!

I always feel at ease when all my meals are sorted and I don't have to think... though I love cooking all of my meals. Therefore I love this solution for busy days!

What about you?
Do you prep meals at the beginning of the week/ day before a busy week?
What is your go to make-in-advance meals?
Favourite overnight oats recipe?

That's it for today folks! Hope you have a lovely weekend (I definitely need a rest from this busy week!) See ya later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...