Wednesday 15 July 2015

Funny Facts About Food!

A few days ago I received an email from a reader (hello Angela!) saying she had this awesome infographic that I would probably find quite interesting about the food we eat. Or more specifically some of the stuff hidden in the food we eat.

Intrigued I clicked onto the link she sent and lo and behold, I found it quite interesting!!

We are all humans right.... ;) and we all eat food. But do we know what's really in it? You may be surprised!

I was so shocked by the infographic that I asked Angela if she'd like to write a small article about it, so without further a do, here's what Angela had to say about 14 Bizarre Ingredients Hidden In Your Food Labels:



Crazy Food Facts That Will Leave You Baffled

Have you ever pondered upon ingredients that can be found on food labels? Or, is calorie count the most important thing you are looking for in certain foods you are buying? Well, think again and really carefully because in the next few lines you will discover something that might knock your socks off.
Food labels contain various types of information - calorie count, nutrients, vitamins, minerals and ingredients. What they don’t contain is the origin of those ingredients written on the label. Ever heard or read about carmine or shellac? You might not have, but you certainly ate or drank them. Shellac is an ingredient that makes candies look smooth and unmelting in our hand and it is derived from a bug that lives in India and Thailand. Red colour of ice cream, yogurt, fruit drinks and candies also comes from a bug. Yuck, right? 
 To be sure you are well informed about the food you are eating, check out the infographic on 14 bizarre ingredients hidden in your food labels for some more bizarre and weird food facts that might make you change your eating habits.

 Thanks so much for all this interesting info Angela and below I've included the very infographic with all those bizarre ingredients found in the labels of our foods:
14 Bizarre Ingredients Hidden in Your Food Labels

foodpackaginglabelslabels.net

Credit due to the creative team at FoodPackagingLabels.net 

Your turn:
What do you think about some of those bizarre things in those food labels?
Does it make you want to read the fine print of your favourite foods?
Got any cool ideas/ stories/ info that you want me to share, or even feature you on the blog? I love receiving emails from readers and would love even more to publish some posts by you guys about things you're passionate about in the health industry! 

 That's it from me today- linking up with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday, as this was a post full of interesting random-ness! Have a fabulous day friends and as always; eat something yummy!! Bye! :D

6 comments:

  1. I kind of wish I hadn’t read this infographic while eating toast with jelly on top… Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia,
      I was the same, eating a sandwich... lol :)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  2. Lol oh man. I try not to think about the kind of stuff that -might- be in my food, because I'm pretty sure I'd g I've up eating unless I grew and cooked everything for myself. I do try to make sure that I'm paying attention to ingredients and avoiding the most harmful things, but I kind of adopt an "ignorance is bliss" approach to the other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda,
      I definitely agree with you on this one- sometimes it's simply better NOT to know! ;)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  3. Neat idea Steph...but I didn't even read it! Ignorance is bliss😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,
      It might be best that you didn't!! ;)
      Steph 2 chef xx :D

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...